• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Phanes

Reaction score
I'm going back in forth between V100 and honey lug since the steel toe doesn't allow/recommend extra fitment of Spenco insole
Great choice, I'm still interested in a boot with v100 that is build like a tank. Either way you go with a cheap throw away boot or something substantial. Honey vibram would be a must for me, since I'm spoiled by 5.10 stealth rubber. On wet wood or metal, grip is everything. If you have it please post pics here. Since I'm very happy with the medium arch the high arch is another possibility for me. All that leather midsole is a great addition to the 'normal' heritage boot.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sure, whenever it's convenient.
Hi, here are some pictures. The first is a new Builderpro in Walnut with an 8" height. The second is a pic we have of a 10" of the same that's been worn for several years and came in for a rebuild.

Walnut Honey Vibram 8 inch.jpg

Walnut Honey Vibram Worn.jpg

montanamike

Reaction score
Charlie.jpg

I didn't get new boots for years as I didn't think they would ever match the comfort of my old Rangers. These aren't there yet but are getting awfully close.

Phanes

Reaction score
The leather looks nice with that two tone, what is it?

montanamike

Reaction score
I had a couple ? I was going to ask in store but it was closed a week ago Saturday when I made it over.

1) Is waxed flesh brown available (or will it be when the build comes up in a couple months)? On the MTO pages, it is showing as on back order and 5-6oz but on the main product pages doesn't as on backorder and 6.5 oz.

2) More long term, do you anticipate other sole options being added to the mix? Such as a 430 for bigger sizes (13EE), Dr Soles half soles, Commando full or half sole. I understand being as busy as you guys are currently this likely isnt a near term thing. An option between full lug and vbar would be appealing.

Thank you.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I had a couple ? I was going to ask in store but it was closed a week ago Saturday when I made it over.

1) Is waxed flesh brown available (or will it be when the build comes up in a couple months)? On the MTO pages, it is showing as on back order and 5-6oz but on the main product pages doesn't as on backorder and 6.5 oz.

2) More long term, do you anticipate other sole options being added to the mix? Such as a 430 for bigger sizes (13EE), Dr Soles half soles, Commando full or half sole. I understand being as busy as you guys are currently this likely isnt a near term thing. An option between full lug and vbar would be appealing.

Thank you.
We do have the waxed brown and will have it going forward. We are adding a new sole option that I will see if I can get pictures for you, we’re still testing a few things on it so don’t want to jump the gun, let me check.

montanamike

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in a slightly off the menu Nicks boot, a group made to order boot option will be posted soon at Reddit r/goodyearwelt The three final options were not quite my jam but it will be interesting to see which one is selected.

And since it is Friday.. a contender for most beautiful boot ever made. (I believe in brown horsehide)

Attachments

• nickshorsehide.jpg
    nickshorsehide.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 467

cathpah

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great input and options, Shulyer. Any chance Nick's could/would build a pair in natural veg tan?

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great input and options, Shulyer. Any chance Nick's could/would build a pair in natural veg tan?
Funny, we just made a prototype. I think it will be the next color once we get through the current supply, which shouldn’t be too long. I’ll get some pics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics