• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
They are great boots no doubt. My Rangers are about to hit year 13. I've got a build in process which will hopefully be done before too long. My last Nicks dream would be something similar to the semi dress.
Here's our latest boot, actually launching today. HNW 8" moderate arch available in our heritage leathers.
officer-boots-work-nicks-1.jpg

heritage-leather.jpg

dublinpremium

Reaction score
Hi, I'm sorry for the long delay on these, it's definitely been a rough past few months with a lot of unknowns with the shutdown order, not knowing if we'd be open and having to change production priorities. We also had a few weeks where we were not producing as much as we reconfigured some things due to the virus situation.

Your order is definitely not being prioritized over the Wickett and Craig items and will be delivered before we make those. 3-4 weeks more on your order is conservative, fwiw. It's probably more like 2-2.5. Those W&C orders will not be a disruption to our normal manufacturing throughput.

Our lead times are out longer than normal right now, at 8-10 versus 6-8 and a lot of that is because a). we had two weeks of reduced production due to the virus, b). many of our dealers were closed due to the shutdown in California so consumers came directly to us, c). a lot more orders are being fit remotely as our store is closed, which is a lengthier process, and not insignificantly, d). we have been hesitant to ramp up hiring to accommodate the online volume because of uncertainty with what is happening in the economy in a general sense.

To address this, we have some new people starting up this week to increase capacity. We have also gotten through a lot of the fire boots over the past 5 weeks.

Additionally, I am aware that Nicks has not always had the best reputation for customer service. Changing that is a major priority for us. We just implemented an order management system that will let us track orders through every point in the sales & production process. It will also send email updates as order status changes. We've hired additional customer service staff and a dedicated remote fitting expert. I'm hopeful we can change that perception because while I think our product is excellent, that doesn't mean as much if your service is seen as sub-par. I'm excited to see how these changes improve everyone's experience with our brand and look forward to addressing any concerns as they come up.

I'm sorry this process took so long.
Hi,

Do you have any update on my order? Nick's customer service hasn't responded to my email, hence I had to ask the question here.

montanamike

Reaction score
Nice 2 year review by Carl Murawski posted today about the Builder Pro. Worth a watch for those "on the fence". My experience with my Rangers were quite similar to his review but over 13 years.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
They sho
Hi,

Do you have any update on my order? Nick's customer service hasn't responded to my email, hence I had to ask the question here.
Should be done, they went in to production 2.5 weeks ago. I will get you a tracking number ASAP but am out of the office today so may be a little bit, apologies.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi,

I just messaged you tracking and contact info for UPS Ireland, they may be having some trouble delivering your order. Apologies for the hassle.

dublinpremium

Reaction score
I just messaged you tracking and contact info for UPS Ireland, they may be having some trouble delivering your order. Apologies for the hassle.

Yet another example of bad customer service from Nicks. Here goes:
1) The boots were shipped on the 8th May, no tracking info emailed by Nicks to me. I got the tracking info from you 10 mins back and the tracking shows that UPS first tried to deliver the boots on the 14th May and they've tried to deliver the boots everyday ever since. I haven't got a call from UPS why they couldn't deliver the parcel when I am at home everyday. Now the boots are back at UPS warehouse and I have a feeling they are returning them back to you.
I called Nicks customer service and they said Nicks is not responsible for emailing the tracking info, UPS is. Is that a joke? I placed an order with Nicks not UPS.
2) I complained about the delayed lead times on 5th May on this forum. I was told then that the boots have now gone into production and would be ready in 2-2.5 weeks. The boots were shipped on 8th May. I don't know how is that even possible, but I just hope the boots are of a good quality and not some try on boots.

montanamike

Reaction score
Yet another example of bad customer service from Nicks. Here goes:
1) The boots were shipped on the 8th May, no tracking info emailed by Nicks to me. I got the tracking info from you 10 mins back and the tracking shows that UPS first tried to deliver the boots on the 14th May and they've tried to deliver the boots everyday ever since. I haven't got a call from UPS why they couldn't deliver the parcel when I am at home everyday. Now the boots are back at UPS warehouse and I have a feeling they are returning them back to you.
I called Nicks customer service and they said Nicks is not responsible for emailing the tracking info, UPS is. Is that a joke? I placed an order with Nicks not UPS.
2) I complained about the delayed lead times on 5th May on this forum. I was told then that the boots have now gone into production and would be ready in 2-2.5 weeks. The boots were shipped on 8th May. I don't know how is that even possible, but I just hope the boots are of a good quality and not some try on boots.

I used to deal with shipping software worldwide before things moved to download and it is a pain. The local UPS offices varied greatly in service levels and practices.

That being said, it was pretty easy (a few years ago) to integrate UPS worldship into our order system. It automatically sent out emails with tracking and notices of exception. I've no idea Nicks volume and how they are set up to ship but it might be an easy way to get in front of requests for tracking etc. This complaint has come up before and it really is one that should be quashed.

Lastly, I've been to Nicks showroom lots of times. I appreciate how small (but mighty) an operation it is. My guess is international shipping experience is limited. I hope your boots arrive without further incident and are able to be enjoyed for as long as I have enjoyed mine.

dublinpremium

Reaction score
I used to deal with shipping software worldwide before things moved to download and it is a pain. The local UPS offices varied greatly in service levels and practices.

That being said, it was pretty easy (a few years ago) to integrate UPS worldship into our order system. It automatically sent out emails with tracking and notices of exception. I've no idea Nicks volume and how they are set up to ship but it might be an easy way to get in front of requests for tracking etc. This complaint has come up before and it really is one that should be quashed.

Lastly, I've been to Nicks showroom lots of times. I appreciate how small (but mighty) an operation it is. My guess is international shipping experience is limited. I hope your boots arrive without further incident and are able to be enjoyed for as long as I have enjoyed mine.
I have heard great things about Nicks boots and hence I placed an order with them. I had no idea the customer service would be this bad. I still fail to understand how Nicks is not responsible for emailing me the tracking number. If I had known the tracking info on 8th May I would have got the package by now. Secondly I am not sure how they managed to build my boots in 3 days. I just hope they haven't sent me pair of try on boots. The entire experience with Nicks has been bad to say the least. Also being a small operation is no excuse and I hope people stop giving Nicks the benefit of the doubt for being a small operation. They are running a business and they need to be professional about it.

montanamike

Reaction score
I have heard great things about Nicks boots and hence I placed an order with them. I had no idea the customer service would be this bad. I still fail to understand how Nicks is not responsible for emailing me the tracking number. If I had known the tracking info on 8th May I would have got the package by now. Secondly I am not sure how they managed to build my boots in 3 days. I just hope they haven't sent me pair of try on boots. The entire experience with Nicks has been bad to say the least. Also being a small operation is no excuse and I hope people stop giving Nicks the benefit of the doubt for being a small operation. They are running a business and they need to be professional about it.

I concur and offered what little I might (integrating UPS Worldship) which might help others.

In todays world, not sending tracking information is a fail. It leads to more questions which further reduces customer service and customer experience.

Obviously I have no way to comment on the build times and what was sent but I do hope your experience improves.

dublinpremium

Reaction score
I concur and offered what little I might (integrating UPS Worldship) which might help others.

In todays world, not sending tracking information is a fail. It leads to more questions which further reduces customer service and customer experience.

Obviously I have no way to comment on the build times and what was sent but I do hope your experience improves.

After having such a bad experience, I just hope they haven't mailed me a try on boot. I was warned of Nicks customer service being bad but I never thought it would be pathetic.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi, I’m sorry you didn’t get the tracking email, we do send out tracking when orders are shipped so I’m not sure why that didn’t get to you. Our website is integrated with UPS, USPS, etc. so that may be where the CSR was referencing UPS sending you the email. We did also provide your contact info to UPS Ireland so they could reach you. I also want to say that I show a response on our end to all of your emails during this purchase process. I can reach out to UPS to ask them to try again, if you’d like.

dublinpremium

Reaction score
Hi, I’m sorry you didn’t get the tracking email, we do send out tracking when orders are shipped so I’m not sure why that didn’t get to you. Our website is integrated with UPS, USPS, etc. so that may be where the CSR was referencing UPS sending you the email. We did also provide your contact info to UPS Ireland so they could reach you. I also want to say that I show a response on our end to all of your emails during this purchase process. I can reach out to UPS to ask them to try again, if you’d like.

Yes can you please reach out to UPS and ask them to deliver the parcel. I am sending you my mobile number in DM again just in case. I am not going to their warehouse to collect the parcel since we cannot travel beyond a 2 km radius due to covid.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads