• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I get it. That was just the best one to show the leather wearing. Run into this all the time when posting some of these more customized boots.

So, how do you order without the logo? Also, since April is over, can I still do the try promotion previously discussed?

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So, how do you order without the logo? Also, since April is over, can I still do the try promotion previously discussed?
Just message me the order number and I'll remove the stamp from the build. We've extended the try-on shipping promotion through May now so you are all good.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just message me the order number and I'll remove the stamp from the build. We've extended the try-on shipping promotion through May now so you are all good.

Order placed. I was going to do a custom build but then when I built it, I decided against the captoe and then the only customization was the leather sole. Decided it wasn't worth $35 so it just ordered the regular. Order number 10491, if you can have them not emboss them and don't forget I need a pair to try on.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Order placed. I was going to do a custom build but then when I built it, I decided against the captoe and then the only customization was the leather sole. Decided it wasn't worth $35 so it just ordered the regular. Order number 10491, if you can have them not emboss them and don't forget I need a pair to try on.
Got it! Thanks for the order!

dublinpremium

Reaction score
Got it! Thanks for the order!

This is going to be a rant, but i think i need to bring it up anyway. I placed my order with Nicks for a High arch Walnut Ranger on 6th March(WO# 48610). I was given a lead time of 4 weeks at the time of placing the order. I was told the lead times could be higher due to covid and as they would first prioritise emergency workers. I was fine with that. However when I recently saw Nicks accepting pre-orders for wickettandcraig falcons for delivery in June, I emailed them for the status on my order. I got a reply that my order was being finalised, then when I told them that I placed the order on the 6th March and am surprised that my order is being finalised as we spoke, I was told the order was finalised a long time back and its just waiting to go into production. And when asked about lead times I was told 3-4 weeks more. So now it looks like Nicks is prioritising these falcons over my order. I was warned about the bad customer service at Nicks and the delayed lead times. I have learned my lesson now.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This is going to be a rant, but i think i need to bring it up anyway. I placed my order with Nicks for a High arch Walnut Ranger on 6th March(WO# 48610). I was given a lead time of 4 weeks at the time of placing the order. I was told the lead times could be higher due to covid and as they would first prioritise emergency workers. I was fine with that. However when I recently saw Nicks accepting pre-orders for wickettandcraig falcons for delivery in June, I emailed them for the status on my order. I got a reply that my order was being finalised, then when I told them that I placed the order on the 6th March and am surprised that my order is being finalised as we spoke, I was told the order was finalised a long time back and its just waiting to go into production. And when asked about lead times I was told 3-4 weeks more. So now it looks like Nicks is prioritising these falcons over my order. I was warned about the bad customer service at Nicks and the delayed lead times. I have learned my lesson now.
Hi, I'm sorry for the long delay on these, it's definitely been a rough past few months with a lot of unknowns with the shutdown order, not knowing if we'd be open and having to change production priorities. We also had a few weeks where we were not producing as much as we reconfigured some things due to the virus situation.

Your order is definitely not being prioritized over the Wickett and Craig items and will be delivered before we make those. 3-4 weeks more on your order is conservative, fwiw. It's probably more like 2-2.5. Those W&C orders will not be a disruption to our normal manufacturing throughput.

Our lead times are out longer than normal right now, at 8-10 versus 6-8 and a lot of that is because a). we had two weeks of reduced production due to the virus, b). many of our dealers were closed due to the shutdown in California so consumers came directly to us, c). a lot more orders are being fit remotely as our store is closed, which is a lengthier process, and not insignificantly, d). we have been hesitant to ramp up hiring to accommodate the online volume because of uncertainty with what is happening in the economy in a general sense.

To address this, we have some new people starting up this week to increase capacity. We have also gotten through a lot of the fire boots over the past 5 weeks.

Additionally, I am aware that Nicks has not always had the best reputation for customer service. Changing that is a major priority for us. We just implemented an order management system that will let us track orders through every point in the sales & production process. It will also send email updates as order status changes. We've hired additional customer service staff and a dedicated remote fitting expert. I'm hopeful we can change that perception because while I think our product is excellent, that doesn't mean as much if your service is seen as sub-par. I'm excited to see how these changes improve everyone's experience with our brand and look forward to addressing any concerns as they come up.

I'm sorry this process took so long.

dublinpremium

Reaction score
Hi, I'm sorry for the long delay on these, it's definitely been a rough past few months with a lot of unknowns with the shutdown order, not knowing if we'd be open and having to change production priorities. We also had a few weeks where we were not producing as much as we reconfigured some things due to the virus situation.

Your order is definitely not being prioritized over the Wickett and Craig items and will be delivered before we make those. 3-4 weeks more on your order is conservative, fwiw. It's probably more like 2-2.5. Those W&C orders will not be a disruption to our normal manufacturing throughput.

Our lead times are out longer than normal right now, at 8-10 versus 6-8 and a lot of that is because a). we had two weeks of reduced production due to the virus, b). many of our dealers were closed due to the shutdown in California so consumers came directly to us, c). a lot more orders are being fit remotely as our store is closed, which is a lengthier process, and not insignificantly, d). we have been hesitant to ramp up hiring to accommodate the online volume because of uncertainty with what is happening in the economy in a general sense.

To address this, we have some new people starting up this week to increase capacity. We have also gotten through a lot of the fire boots over the past 5 weeks.

Additionally, I am aware that Nicks has not always had the best reputation for customer service. Changing that is a major priority for us. We just implemented an order management system that will let us track orders through every point in the sales & production process. It will also send email updates as order status changes. We've hired additional customer service staff and a dedicated remote fitting expert. I'm hopeful we can change that perception because while I think our product is excellent, that doesn't mean as much if your service is seen as sub-par. I'm excited to see how these changes improve everyone's experience with our brand and look forward to addressing any concerns as they come up.

I'm sorry this process took so long.
Thanks for the detailed reply. Appreciate it. I hope the boots are of a great quality as I have heard from many. And yes improving your customer service was long overdue and I am happy its happening now.

montanamike

Reaction score
Thank you for jumping in here. Your neighbors over by the fairgrounds have used this forum pretty effectively over the years so I am glad to see you here. It is really a good opportunity for your fans to get a better sense for the inner workings, decisions and processes. I follow you on reddit but for me, it isnt as digestible as this forum. No questions at this time, just encouragement to keep it up and especially to take your time on builds as my first new one in 13 years is somewhere in the works currently.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got an email today from Nick's that my package is in the mail! I opened the email and it is only the fit kit. Oh well, still excited.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads