• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello!

We are thrilled to officially join this great community. This will be a great place to outline new developments, address any sizing/configuration questions and feel free to message me about any customer service or other product questions.

A few things we have going on right now

We are launching a veg tanned boot collaboration with Wickett & Craig using their English Bridle leather that is normally used, you guessed it, to make horse bridles. We have been wearing our test boots for over 6 months and they've been aging very gracefully.

Here's what they look like:

WC Box.jpg

Glossy:

Wickett-and-Craig-Nicks-Boots-Boot-2-Work.jpg

This leather is available on our Robert veg tan (55 last with dogger/cuban heel) & Falcon (HNW with classic block heel) configurations.

We also make belts out of this leather and are offering free shipping on all accessories.

We look forward to talking with you and please let us know if you have any questions!

- Shuyler at Nicks Boots

Nicks Boots Online Store
Nicks Boots Made to Order Boots
Nicks Boots Made to Order Belts

Last edited:

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, welcome. I hope you do well here. Want to post pictures of the test boots after 6 months of wear?

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any top down pictures of those Roberts showing the toe. Thank you

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a less formal Robert pic after 6 months of (mostly indoors/office) wear. I will have more seasoned pics of the Falcon tomorrow. Thanks for the patience! View attachment 1380170

Nice!

A couple questions, can these be ordered without the logo on the side? I have never had a pair of Nick's before, should I order something off the shelf and return to verify sizing befors taking up a spot with a veg tanned order? Any chance of a natural veg tanned?

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Nice!

A couple questions, can these be ordered without the logo on the side? I have never had a pair of Nick's before, should I order something off the shelf and return to verify sizing befors taking up a spot with a veg tanned order? Any chance of a natural veg tanned?
Yes, we can go without the logo, we are actually moving to a tag that’s inside the boot and away from the stamp in general

I would go through our normal purchase/fit process with whatever you really want, we will send you try on boots in the same last and a size we think will work and get it zeroed in from there based on your feedback. I believe this is basically what you’ve described. Obviously we would reserve whatever leather you chose for your final purchase. Please let me know if I’m not understanding a portion of your question.

We don’t have any plans for a natural, but never say never.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, we can go without the logo, we are actually moving to a tag that’s inside the boot and away from the stamp in general

I would go through our normal purchase/fit process with whatever you really want, we will send you try on boots in the same last and a size we think will work and get it zeroed in from there based on your feedback. I believe this is basically what you’ve described. Obviously we would reserve whatever leather you chose for your final purchase. Please let me know if I’m not understanding a portion of your question.

We don’t have any plans for a natural, but never say never.

I think we are saying the same thing. So, I order the model that I want in the size that I think will fit. If it is correct, I'll then order the veg tanned in that model since those are pre-order and I would want to get that order right.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think we are saying the same thing. So, I order the model that I want in the size that I think will fit. If it is correct, I'll then order the veg tanned in that model since those are pre-order and I would want to get that order right.
Sort of, just order the veg, we will send you one of our try on boots (like the same boot in a different color) that we think will fit based on your size/measurements from our fit kit, get your feedback on that, and then we build your boot in the veg. It works pretty well.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sort of, just order the veg, we will send you one of our try on boots (like the same boot in a different color) that we think will fit based on your size/measurements from our fit kit, get your feedback on that, and then we build your boot in the veg. It works pretty well.

Awesome, thanks.

Reminds me a bit of the frog protection commercial. Now to decide which last. I'm assuming White's sizing is a good starting point?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads