• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @Nicks Boots Shuyler - Do you/can you source any other color in the same Wickett & Craig leather than mid-brown?
We can, did you have one in mind? It’s been a little bit since we picked it but I can take a look at the samples again tomorrow. There are a limited number of off the shelf colors we could pick from in the thickness and tannage that we have tested, just FYI, like I wouldn’t be able to do everything from their catalog.

l33tcoder

Reaction score
We can, did you have one in mind? It’s been a little bit since we picked it but I can take a look at the samples again tomorrow. There are a limited number of off the shelf colors we could pick from in the thickness and tannage that we have tested, just FYI, like I wouldn’t be able to do everything from their catalog.

Thanks for the super quick reply! I have a pair incoming in mid brown - once I confirm the sizing works I am hoping to order a different model in either Tan or Chestnut (same English Bridle leather) if possible.

montanamike

Reaction score
Hi @Nicks Boots Shuyler - Do you/can you source any other color in the same Wickett & Craig leather than mid-brown?

Something along the lines of the old British Tan would be nice... There seems to be a colorway hole there from all the Spokane based makers. (I know "the other guys" have one called that but it isnt the color I have in my head as British tan)

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Something along the lines of the old British Tan would be nice... There seems to be a colorway hole there from all the Spokane based makers. (I know "the other guys" have one called that but it isnt the color I have in my head as British tan)
Hmm. We have a British Tan (chrome) coming in here pretty quick.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the super quick reply! I have a pair incoming in mid brown - once I confirm the sizing works I am hoping to order a different model in either Tan or Chestnut (same English Bridle leather) if possible.
Tan could be interesting. Ok, lmk when we get sizing nailed down.

ChiefPotato1

Reaction score
Hello @Nicks Boots Shuyler

I have a pair of travelers in Medium Brown English Bridle on order and I am wondering if the leather will darken over time. Could you advise as to whether the leather will darken with wear?

Also, are you able to put a mini - lug(Like White's MP mini lug sole) or commando sole on an Officer's boot?

Thank you

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello @Nicks Boots Shuyler

I have a pair of travelers in Medium Brown English Bridle on order and I am wondering if the leather will darken over time. Could you advise as to whether the leather will darken with wear?

Also, are you able to put a mini - lug(Like White's MP mini lug sole) or commando sole on an Officer's boot?

Thank you
Hi,

The leather did darken on our test pair that were worn for over 6 months. The officer boot comes with a Vibram 430 mini lug, here is a pic from a prototype (which is why the tread is a little screwy):

officer Boot Soles.jpg

So, you've got me thinking a little bit, and we could do a version of this with a block lug sole on the HNW with an 8" top and basically make it a new boot. It's be between the officer boot and the urban logger. If you're interested in something like that, we could build it for you at a reduced price (like 20% off or something) and use it for our photography and then send it out. I would love to do it in a new British Tan CXL tannage we have coming out. LMK if interested.

montanamike

Reaction score
I know there were some Nicks a number of years ago in horsehide. Anyone that posts here have any recent pictures? Is it still an option?

Phanes

Reaction score
Hmm. We have a British Tan (chrome) coming in here pretty quick.
Hello Shuyler

What exactly means quick here?
I already ordered beginning of may and still waiting for production, where is the point of no return, where we can't make changes? Currently my Seidel brown is still nr one choice, but English tan one of my favorites since I heard of Nick's.

I ordered before the veg tan or officer boots were released for pre-order, are they really already delivered in June? If we could get. More information of how long the process takes we could maybe make better decisions? I know corona can delay a lot of things at the moment and was willing to wait a bit..but hey.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Shuyler

What exactly means quick here?
I already ordered beginning of may and still waiting for production, where is the point of no return, where we can't make changes? Currently my Seidel brown is still nr one choice, but English tan one of my favorites since I heard of Nick's.

I ordered before the veg tan or officer boots were released for pre-order, are they really already delivered in June? If we could get. More information of how long the process takes we could maybe make better decisions? I know corona can delay a lot of things at the moment and was willing to wait a bit..but hey.
The British Tan will be here on 7/31. In general, you can make changes up until it goes into production. Right now, we are at ~10 weeks for orders going through the try-on process, though there is some variation in there if people are slow to return your size of try-on boots, if that makes sense. We have doubled our try-on inventory to minimize this and really appreciate the patience as we build out this program and deal with COVID slowdowns as we get cases in our workforce, plus the initial shutdown when this thing popped up. All of our cases have been from outside the workplace, for what that's worth. We've only delivered a few veg tans and most of them are coming through right now.

We have ramped up production pretty dramatically and lead times should start coming down to normal 6 weeks pretty quickly, knock on wood. Really appreciate you hanging in there and if you want to message me your order number I can see where it's at and if we can make changes.

Phanes

Reaction score
British Tan will be here on 7/31.

Ok that wouldn't slow down much since someone said my boots would go into production in the next weeks.

I had to choose try on process but I'm not from the US so I only had to send in measurements, which was ok for me sending stuff in lockdown takes ages. I hope the size is right, fingers crossed. I would end up with a size bigger than my iron ranger.

I'll message you my number in dm. But at the moment I really love the Seidel brown and his lighter accents. I hope I find some good photos online with the English tan. You guys have a good yt vid with both leather colors in it. Great work and stay safe.

montanamike

Reaction score
Ok that wouldn't slow down much since someone said my boots would go into production in the next weeks.

I had to choose try on process but I'm not from the US so I only had to send in measurements, which was ok for me sending stuff in lockdown takes ages. I hope the size is right, fingers crossed. I would end up with a size bigger than my iron ranger.

I'll message you my number in dm. But at the moment I really love the Seidel brown and his lighter accents. I hope I find some good photos online with the English tan. You guys have a good yt vid with both leather colors in it. Great work and stay safe.

I'd like to see pictures when they are done.

Phanes

Reaction score
I'd like to see pictures when they are done.
Sure, atm it's nothing fancy. I ordered a 8 inch Robert in moderate brown with natural edge and brass inlets, just like the stock boot. Need something in 8 inch and that's pretty rare these days.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sure, atm it's nothing fancy. I ordered a 8 inch Robert in moderate brown with natural edge and brass inlets, just like the stock boot. Need something in 8 inch and that's pretty rare these days.
Yeah, please send me your order number, you are probably right around production entry point and I will just make sure

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads