• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Cycling Sasquatch

Reaction score
The Prospector got me curious – how hard was it to couple the low heel with the high arch? I always understood the high heel on the 11067/55 lasts to be a way of keeping the foot balanced and level with all the added arch support, and not put too acute an angle on the ankle. And yet, it doesn't look out of place at all.

Last edited:

Phanes

Reaction score
how hard was it to couple the low heel with the high arch?
Good question. I was kinda surprised when I got my high arch boot in January
not is not higher than the mid arch. So it appears that the high arch with a high heel stack is a thing for loggers or work in steep terrain. To get equally balanced, since it moves more weight to the front of the foot bed. If it is all about the arch support, without the anticipated level difference in steep environments, I seems like you can lower the heel stack, even with the lower heel stack there seems to be enough hight to get the extra layer for the high arch into the foot bed.

Last edited:

PWS83

Reaction score
I'm about 8 months into wearing the Americana's daily, and just recently got a lot of heel squeak. Not sure I can tie them might tighter they start to really hurt. Would rather start to break in my Carl X's... any suggestions?

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm about 8 months into wearing the Americana's daily, and just recently got a lot of heel squeak. Not sure I can tie them might tighter they start to really hurt. Would rather start to break in my Carl X's... any suggestions?
It's hard to say what's causing it, but we can try some things to fix if you're okay being without them for a few weeks. LMK what you want to do and I can have customer service reach out. Some squeaking is normal with leather boots as they settle in over time, but if it's bothering you we are happy to take a look.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Prospector got me curious – how hard was it to couple the low heel with the high arch? I always understood the high heel on the 11067/55 lasts to be a way of keeping the foot balanced and level with all the added arch support, and not put too acute an angle on the ankle. And yet, it doesn't look out of place at all.
We have a customer who has worn 67 hot shots for quite some time and thought it could work with a lower heel for a more casual application. We built them and he tried them out for a while and basically didn't have issues. So it wasn't hard, really, just basically testing it out and seems to not be any issues from a balance standpoint.

PWS83

Reaction score
It's hard to say what's causing it, but we can try some things to fix if you're okay being without them for a few weeks. LMK what you want to do and I can have customer service reach out. Some squeaking is normal with leather boots as they settle in over time, but if it's bothering you we are happy to take a look.
Yea sure it’s a good time to have them serviced or checked out and want to make sure I don’t measure wrong as I have the Dark Brown Essex Horween and Overlanders ordered. I guess DM me and let me know what you want to do. Thanks!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.