• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
With one guy... I have long admired the semi dress style but have had had squeaking issues... All I can say with any degree of confidence is you would sell one 13EE for sure. I'm sure you have a better grip on the overall market.
I'm 99% sure that's a 5" Charley, which we can make for you.

nikolau

Reaction score
Hi folks- what’s the difference between The Falcon and The Robert?

montanamike

Reaction score
The Falcon has a block heel vs the Robert which has what I call a dogger style. Robert heel is a bit higher which allows greater arch support. Falcon last is hnw vs 55 for Robert.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi, this is fairly subjective. The Robert is a higher arch, built on a 55 last, and has a dogger heel, meaning it slopes in as it approaches the ground. Some people may find it more supportive of their arch, especially if they are used to more height variance between their heel and their toe, like if they’re used to traditional work boots, especially the Pacific Northwest style, akin to competitors like Whites and Wesco. It tends to a more rolling gait, imo, because of the arch and the heel. It also comes with a pull loop to make it easier to put on.

The Falcon is on a more moderate arch, called an HNW, and is like a traditional service boot with a block heel that will feel like ‘normal’ footwear in that there is not a ton of variance between heel and toe height. It is probably more like what a layperson thinks of when they think of a casual heritage boot, IMO. A Falcon will fit in pretty much wherever formal footwear isn’t required. A Robert is more distinctive, IMO. They are both handmade so interesting in that way, and both overbuilt in that they are durable and heavy and you can’t wear them through a metal detector because of all the nails, if that’s a concern.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe its the camera angle? The nick's dogger heel looks disproportionately large compared to the rest of the boot. From the side, the heel portion is almost a third of the length of the sole.

Attachments

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.