• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

mikeczyz

Reaction score
CXL is an excellent choice. I think W&C can hold up just as well but you will want to treat it more often. This is like once a month, for most people, to be clear, so it's not crazy.
If W&C should be treated once per month for a normal person, how often should CXL be treated?

BTW, thanks for answering questions on a saturday night!!

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If W&C should be treated once per month for a normal person, how often should CXL be treated?

This is subjective IMO, but I will buff them every 6 months or so. If you're wearing them every day you might want to do it more often. If you want them to look super 'fresh' you might also want to do it more often. But honestly, I have boots I've worn a lot that I've had for years that I don't really do anything to until they need a resole...

mikeczyz

Reaction score
This is subjective IMO, but I will buff them every 6 months or so. If you're wearing them every day you might want to do it more often. If you want them to look super 'fresh' you might also want to do it more often. But honestly, I have boots I've worn a lot that I've had for years that I don't really do anything to until they need a resole...
Yah, I'm kind of a lazy guy. I like to THINK that I'll take care of a nice pair of boots, but, deep down, I know I will do the bare minimum lol.

montanamike

Reaction score

The advantage of CXL is that it is a premium leather especially the weight Nicks used. It asks for very little given even modest care.

I have reservations about it in a work application but for casual or moderate use, it is pretty terrific. It's quite water resistant and breaks in easily

probablycantaffordit

Reaction score
Man, the waiting game is rough. Placed my order 9.5 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for the try-on pair. Once I get my size dialed in I will "set and forget", but just getting the fit pair has been a slog.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Man, the waiting game is rough. Placed my order 9.5 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for the try-on pair. Once I get my size dialed in I will "set and forget", but just getting the fit pair has been a slog.
Hi, if you want to send me your order number I'd be happy to check on the status and see when you should expect them.

probablycantaffordit

Reaction score
Hi, if you want to send me your order number I'd be happy to check on the status and see when you should expect them.
Appreciate the follow-up but it just so happens that shortly after I posted I received an email notifying me my try-on boots are en route. Strange coincide, or the Boot-Gods doing their thang? We'll never know.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Appreciate the follow-up but it just so happens that shortly after I posted I received an email notifying me my try-on boots are en route. Strange coincide, or the Boot-Gods doing their thang? We'll never know.
I'd love to take credit but have to defer to the boot gods

Cycling Sasquatch

Reaction score
The buck brown milled harness has been the most popular by a good margin
Interesting! From the initial reception on the FB group, I would’ve expected burgundy to take the cake.

I digress... but I can't help myself now. I noticed y'all keep teasing with the photo of those trashed brown 55 BuilderPros over on Instagram, and the caption/comments are always awfully cryptic about what color it actually is. Any chance that's got something to do with the 8oz Chocolate disappearing from the work lineup? 😉
Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 11.30.26 PM.png

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 31 15.3%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 34 16.7%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Carmina

Votes: 31 15.3%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 34 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 68 33.5%