• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm in the TSA Pre-check line, and agents always ask why I take my footwear off. Once it goes through the x-ray machine, they are like "now I understand". LOL

I think there was an x-ray of some PNW boots posted somewhere in one of the threads here. It was a cool pic.
There are also some from the indestructible boot video Weston at Rose Anvil did on our BuilderPros last year.

Phanes

Reaction score
Oh yes, the x-ray was super cool. Explains a lot where the weight is coming from.

I wonder what the lightest possible nicks boot would be. I'm planning a little trip into the jungle and still don't know what to choose, the obvious choice for me is builder pro, but the temps permanent moisture and the weight over weeks could be a bit much.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh yes, the x-ray was super cool. Explains a lot where the weight is coming from.

I wonder what the lightest possible nicks boot would be. I'm planning a little trip into the jungle and still don't know what to choose, the obvious choice for me is builder pro, but the temps permanent moisture and the weight over weeks could be a bit much.
Definitely our tactical or hiking boot.

Notgoodwithnames

Reaction score
Hey guys I have some questions. I just got my second pair of Nicks which I love. I knew I would as long as I liked the leather which I ended up getting the 1964 Brown. My question is what is best for conditioning it when the time comes. The preservative or the oil and how much does it darken? I've only ever used Redwing heritage leather cream. Also is Fiebing's Resolene best for bringing natural edges back the that darkened new look?

TyrLI

Reaction score
Hey guys I have some questions. I just got my second pair of Nicks which I love. I knew I would as long as I liked the leather which I ended up getting the 1964 Brown. My question is what is best for conditioning it when the time comes. The preservative or the oil and how much does it darken? I've only ever used Redwing heritage leather cream. Also is Fiebing's Resolene best for bringing natural edges back the that darkened new look?
If you use LP it will darken significantly. If you'd like to maintain the color as is use Bick 4, Lexol, Saphir or Venetian Shoe Cream. I've used kiwi neutral to successfully bring back the color on the edges.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was just at the tanneries this week and Horween is all about Saphir Renovateur for the mildest impact on coloration (this is a Seidel leather but should still apply). Wickett is all about Smith's which I thought was interesting.

Notgoodwithnames

Reaction score
If you use LP it will darken significantly. If you'd like to maintain the color as is use Bick 4, Lexol, Saphir or Venetian Shoe Cream. I've used kiwi neutral to successfully bring back the color on the edges.
I've never seen the kiwi one. I'll have to look into that. I was thinking about getting some more false tongues to test out something like the bick 4 it lexol because just going for it on the boot kinda scares me haha. Not that I don't believe you. =P Thanks for the info though!

Last edited:

Notgoodwithnames

Reaction score
I was just at the tanneries this week and Horween is all about Saphir Renovateur for the mildest impact on coloration (this is a Seidel leather but should still apply). Wickett is all about Smith's which I thought was interesting.
Oh alright sweet. That's some great info as well. Thanks!

TyrLI

Reaction score
I've never seen the kiwi one. I'll have to look into that. I was thinking about getting some more false tongues to test out something like the bick 4 it lexol because just going for it on the boot kinda scares me haha. Not that I don't believe you. =P Thanks for the info though!
Believe me I've done everything on my 1964 brown boots. I've LP'd them (and then saddle soaped it off), I've shined them, I've conditioned them with multiple kinds. They're still the same color as out of the box.

Notgoodwithnames

Reaction score
Believe me I've done everything on my 1964 brown boots. I've LP'd them (and then saddle soaped it off), I've shined them, I've conditioned them with multiple kinds. They're still the same color as out of the box.
Well that's good. That makes it sound like a great leather. I was going to get predator orange but since they are work boots I was considering 1964 brown and you were the one that convinced me in a reply post! I really am glad I went with it!

Featured Sponsor

What time of the year do you spend the most money on clothes?

• Spring

• Summer

• Fall

• Winter

• No difference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawschooldebt