• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

iambretton

Reaction score
I am curious about the weight difference in the new Tactical and Ridgeline boots compared to the full leather construction boots. I am having knee issues and I need a lighter boot but I don't want to switch to a different brand. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone planning on using the double stuffed (or any nicks for that matter) for that boot contest in October ?

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Bumped into a Nicks Boots brother at the store today. Complimented me on my BP's & showed off his Nicks x Rose Anvil's. They were some great looking boots. Fun meeting other PNW boot fans in the wild🤝
That’s fun to hear. The ND2 drop is tomorrow, btw, I’m very curious to see how it does. I think it’s an even better offering but it’s a different dynamic overall this year. Strange times.

ll00ll00ll00ll

Reaction score
Bumped into a Nicks Boots brother at the store today. Complimented me on my BP's & showed off his Nicks x Rose Anvil's. They were some great looking boots. Fun meeting other PNW boot fans in the wild🤝
Nicks needs some representation in the Northeast… I can say that the market exists, just about every guy (and a lot of gals) I see around here has Carolina’s… I know for sure they have the money for Nicks, they all also drive around lifted tricked out pickups as well… I’d love to see some more quality footwear around here.

TyrLI

Reaction score
Nicks needs some representation in the Northeast… I can say that the market exists, just about every guy (and a lot of gals) I see around here has Carolina’s… I know for sure they have the money for Nicks, they all also drive around lifted tricked out pickups as well… I’d love to see some more quality footwear around here.
I'm representing in Manhattan

ll00ll00ll00ll

Reaction score
I'm representing in Manhattan
I’m up in the dead center, in Holland Patent (near Utica/Rome). All everyone up here wears are shoes that are destined for a landfill within a year or two… so much waste everywhere. Drives me crazy, when you can get something like a Nicks boot and it only gets better and better as it ages. Hint: I’m a huge fan of cast iron and carbon steel for cooking also. I love developing them into the perfect cooking implement through constant use and care. Nicks is definitely the old Erie no. 10 cast iron pan of the boot world. Redwings would be the new Lodge pan, better than nothing but definitely entry level… Hey, here’s a new cross-promotion idea, Nicks should do a collaboration with Field Company, they’re a modern cast iron pan maker that would be like the Nick’s in the market. You could make some leather handle covers for them, and Nicks could use some cast iron hardware, and maybe an iron-toe?? man I think I’m still drunk from breakfast… time to go do something productive in my Nick’s.

TyrLI

Reaction score
I’m up in the dead center, in Holland Patent (near Utica/Rome). All everyone up here wears are shoes that are destined for a landfill within a year or two… so much waste everywhere. Drives me crazy, when you can get something like a Nicks boot and it only gets better and better as it ages. Hint: I’m a huge fan of cast iron and carbon steel for cooking also. I love developing them into the perfect cooking implement through constant use and care. Nicks is definitely the old Erie no. 10 cast iron pan of the boot world. Redwings would be the new Lodge pan, better than nothing but definitely entry level… Hey, here’s a new cross-promotion idea, Nicks should do a collaboration with Field Company, they’re a modern cast iron pan maker that would be like the Nick’s in the market. You could make some leather handle covers for them, and Nicks could use some cast iron hardware, and maybe an iron-toe?? man I think I’m still drunk from breakfast… time to go do something productive in my Nick’s.
Sorry to hear you're stuck up there 🤣 my old company wanted me to move up to Utica to help build a hospital. I politely declined. I'm a Long Island guy.

ll00ll00ll00ll

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you're stuck up there 🤣 my old company wanted me to move up to Utica to help build a hospital. I politely declined. I'm a Long Island guy.
Eh… it has its strong points… proximity to the Adirondacks being the main one. I spend a lot of time there. I’m like 20 min from being inside the park. Also I have a good sized lake and a downhill ski area, and a monsterous cross-country skiing trail system within 5 min of my house. I have family down in Brooklyn, and it’s great there too, but I couldn’t do it full time. Incidentally, if you see any of the NICE buses, and even their facilities, it’s very likely I made the graphics that are on those buses (not the local ads, but the orange buses with the white and blue stripes and logos…)

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Eh… it has its strong points… proximity to the Adirondacks being the main one. I spend a lot of time there. I’m like 20 min from being inside the park. Also I have a good sized lake and a downhill ski area, and a monsterous cross-country skiing trail system within 5 min of my house. I have family down in Brooklyn, and it’s great there too, but I couldn’t do it full time. Incidentally, if you see any of the NICE buses, and even their facilities, it’s very likely I made the graphics that are on those buses (not the local ads, but the orange buses with the white and blue stripes and logos…)
That’s cool. I have a buddy with a graphics company here in the PNW. Seems like a nice business. I agree with you on the NE, and thanks for the recommendation on the Field Company.

Incidentally, and I know it’s 2 hours away, there is a hot bidding war going on for the old Artisan Shoe Company in Batavia. Apparently Weinbrenner (Thorogood) and Origin are duking it out with Origin likely taking it. It sounds like they will be keeping the factory there which is good to see. Have a little FOMO.

TyrLI

Reaction score
That’s cool. I have a buddy with a graphics company here in the PNW. Seems like a nice business. I agree with you on the NE, and thanks for the recommendation on the Field Company.

Incidentally, and I know it’s 2 hours away, there is a hot bidding war going on for the old Artisan Shoe Company in Batavia. Apparently Weinbrenner (Thorogood) and Origin are duking it out with Origin likely taking it. It sounds like they will be keeping the factory there which is good to see. Have a little FOMO.
Jocko is a bit of a blowhard but he'll keep the factory in the US at least

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads