• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This might seem like a weird question but has anyone ever had a problem with snow stripping the dye from edges? I saw a post where this happened to a pair of boots but it was quite a few years ago so maybe this doesnt happen anymore. If this were to happen how easy is it to dye them again?
Definitely still happens. Honest question, how big of a deal is this? It would not be an insignificant expense but could see if we can get the midsole pieces dyed, possibly. Just curious

Notgoodwithnames

Reaction score
Definitely still happens. Honest question, how big of a deal is this? It would not be an insignificant expense but could see if we can get the midsole pieces dyed, possibly. Just curious
If putting dye on it isnt hard then I wouldnt worry to much. I was just curious as I live in NY so dealing with snow in the winter is something that happens. I guess I wont know until I have my boots for a while.

ll00ll00ll00ll

Reaction score
I actually kind of like how it looks after the natural dye leaches out. It gives them a used / worn look that I like. If I wanted to dress them up I would likely just use some of the kiwi mentioned above. I especially like how it starts to kind of look white, which, next to the stitching really looks nice in my opinion.

Attachments

Notgoodwithnames

Reaction score
I actually kind of like how it looks after the natural dye leaches out. It gives them a used / worn look that I like. If I wanted to dress them up I would likely just use some of the kiwi mentioned above. I especially like how it starts to kind of look white, which, next to the stitching really looks nice in my opinion.
Yeah still looks good. I dont mind if it lightens a bit and looks used. I just dont want it to be like light light. If that makes sense lol. Which if it did I would just re dye.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I tend to agree, personally. Mine got stripped pretty good after some snow hiking last weekend and I will probably just leave it.

Notgoodwithnames

Reaction score
I guess the only question I have at this point is will sanding the soles before applying be necessary? If not then Im not to worried about it.

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members