• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

ll00ll00ll00ll

Reaction score
It is! It's a Strietman and I spent far too much money on it but I love using it every morning.
just checked out their website, that is one sexy piece of equipment... if you enjoy it, it's a bargain. i'm sure just about everyone in here has other expensive hobbies, in addition to their boot collections... mine would probably be my ham radio(s)...

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does Nicks offer any half sole offerings? Can a customer provide their own to be used?
We do. Waiting on a shipment of them that is taking forever, actually. I would prefer to have a fit dialed in before using customer-supplied components, like if you’ve bought a “normal” boot from us before and like the way it fits we can work with you.

Notgoodwithnames

Reaction score
This might seem like a weird question but has anyone ever had a problem with snow stripping the dye from edges? I saw a post where this happened to a pair of boots but it was quite a few years ago so maybe this doesnt happen anymore. If this were to happen how easy is it to dye them again?

montanamike

Reaction score
This might seem like a weird question but has anyone ever had a problem with snow stripping the dye from edges? I saw a post where this happened to a pair of boots but it was quite a few years ago so maybe this doesnt happen anymore. If this were to happen how easy is it to dye them again?
Its not too bad with some fine sandpaper and I believe I used Resolene. I was very happy with the outcome.

TyrLI

Reaction score
Super easy. They make edge dressing, which is a dye, or you could use colored shoe polish like kiwi. If they're natural edge, you can just use neutral kiwi.

Notgoodwithnames

Reaction score
The edge dressing comes with an applicator in the bottle. Just wipe it off on the edge of the opening before applying. A little goes a long way.
Alright, thanks. If I end up needing to do it ill get the ones Nicks sells.

Notgoodwithnames

Reaction score
Ohhh, thanks for this pics. The part Id be worried about is the top back of the middle/heel where the edge color is on the top next to the leather. But maybe Im just overthinking it lol.

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PatricCampbel