• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Cycling Sasquatch

Reaction score
Had a question for @Phanes

What’s shipping to the EU like when it comes to costs/delivery time, if you don’t mind sharing? I’m in the Czech Republic right now and may end up extending my stay for another month or so, and just pondering the economics of having my newest pair shipped out here.

TyrLI

Reaction score

What’s shipping to the EU like when it comes to costs/delivery time, if you don’t mind sharing? I’m in the Czech Republic right now and may end up extending my stay for another month or so, and just pondering the economics of having my newest pair shipped out here.
I imagine you'll have to pay VAT if you do.

DG123

Reaction score
Does a stock-quick-ship pair of Robert model boots come with the embossed Nicks logo on the shaft of the boot exterior or is it the tag sewn to the boot's interior ?

TyrLI

Reaction score
Does a stock-quick-ship pair of Robert model boots come with the embossed Nicks logo on the shaft of the boot exterior or is it the tag sewn to the boot's interior ?
Tag

Jsanchez

Reaction score
Beautiful! Brass hardware looks sharp. Do those have a structured or safety toe?
Thank you, these are structured with celastic. I have structured and unstructured boots, I like unstructured on waxed flesh, but I prefer structured on smooth leather. This toe is slightly more boulbous when compared to White's 55 last. The very front of the toe doesn't tapper as much.

TyrLI

Reaction score
Does celastic change the shape of the toe? Or does it just give it a bit more support? I guess it would have to arch to do anything...

Jsanchez

Reaction score
Does celastic change the shape of the toe? Or does it just give it a bit more support? I guess it would have to arch to do anything...
Celastic helps to retain the original toe shape. In my opinion it does give a toe a slightly more chunky appearance. But it's really not a drastic difference. The toe on my non structured boots begin to collapse and become more sleeker within the first week of wear, my structured boots have retained the original toe shape that they had when new. Of course, your mileage may vary.

Phanes

Reaction score

Hello well it depends. The US Carrier USPS normally has a Partner in each country, so in my case it was DHL which is super nice because I'm in the hometown of DHL. Sometimes you can find the partner of USPS in the internetz for some countries. Quite important since the tracking can get lost after handover to the delivery service after border custom. Usually it takes 1-3weeks. Most of the time the package flies around in the US, one package even took a little detour around Japan. but that could be my bad luck y my experience is corona only, 1st boots Robert Event around lockdowns. The last boot had another complication with Xmas and new year. Start Monday 27th, ipz Frankfurt 06.01 customs, Delivery to a packing station January 12th.

Does celastic change the shape of the toe?

Not really that much jut the layer thickness is added and I can't really see it where the inlay ends like normally since the leather is to thick to notice.

Last edited:

DG123

Reaction score
I would go through our normal purchase/fit process with whatever you really want, we will send you try on boots in the same last and a size we think will work and get it zeroed in from there based on your feedback. I believe this is basically what you’ve described. Obviously we would reserve whatever leather you chose for your final purchase. Please let me know if I’m not understanding a portion of your question.

Welcome to the forum rockdee733 :). When replying to a question (or particular message/poster) it is helpful to use the quote button below, so that the message you are responding to also appears within your post.

Cycling Sasquatch

Reaction score
Hello well it depends. The US Carrier USPS normally has a Partner in each country, so in my case it was DHL which is super nice because I'm in the hometown of DHL. Sometimes you can find the partner of USPS in the internetz for some countries. Quite important since the tracking can get lost after handover to the delivery service after border custom. Usually it takes 1-3weeks. Most of the time the package flies around in the US, one package even took a little detour around Japan. but that could be my bad luck y my experience is corona only, 1st boots Robert Event around lockdowns. The last boot had another complication with Xmas and new year. Start Monday 27th, ipz Frankfurt 06.01 customs, Delivery to a packing station January 12th.

Not really that much jut the layer thickness is added and I can't really see it where the inlay ends like normally since the leather is to thick to notice.

Appreciate the info! I'll probably just be patient and have it shipped to friend's place back home and grab it from there, then.

Phanes

Reaction score
Yeah not really worth it, waiting can be quite nerve wrecking, also you import something you already own and you already paid the taxes.

ll00ll00ll00ll

Reaction score
This is a Nick's unrelated / semi-related question... if you wanted to sell your previous red wings... where would you do so? I just tried them on again for the first time since getting my nick's, and i'm realizing i'm never going to wear these again. It's crazy to feel how "light duty" they are, when i once thought they were fairly stout... also, the lack of arch support is something i can't get over, it felt like i was leaning backwards. And they're just not wide enough, which i feel even worse than before, especially after getting used to a proper E width boot.
In any case, they are in great shape, and the patina on them is quite nice (in my opinion), I don't want to just store them away and never use them again, they still have many, many years left in them... I just have no idea how to go about selling them.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This is a Nick's unrelated / semi-related question... if you wanted to sell your previous red wings... where would you do so? I just tried them on again for the first time since getting my nick's, and i'm realizing i'm never going to wear these again. It's crazy to feel how "light duty" they are, when i once thought they were fairly stout... also, the lack of arch support is something i can't get over, it felt like i was leaning backwards. And they're just not wide enough, which i feel even worse than before, especially after getting used to a proper E width boot.
In any case, they are in great shape, and the patina on them is quite nice (in my opinion), I don't want to just store them away and never use them again, they still have many, many years left in them... I just have no idea how to go about selling them.
Are they Iron Rangers?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads