• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

andy b.

Reaction score
So just got my boots from customs Germany. KK 200 Euro well invested, just as I see how rugged the box is, I'm glad it arrived. Just what I read outside of the box fills me with rage. Ok, be prepared, this gonna be good.
Seeing the 6" was the last thing I expected since I never made a change to the length.
View attachment 1735627
So we got 8 inch with pull loop and got 6 inch without an no rolled. Jesus Christ, this leather is rare not an easy fix and I have to return it and pay more and more. It actually is cheaper to fly to the states and dispose that **** directly. Three mtos (Robert without celastic, builder pro more lead time)and there is always an error or a massive delay, I'm pretty calm and understanding usually for all kind of stuff. But please by the love of whatever you believe in, check the **** before you ship it. This was totally unnecessary and I don't want to hear any American marketingcustomer rethorics atm, just fix the ongoing systematic issues!
Not sur if the nose damage can be fixed by me or if it is a manufacturer or transport damage but here a little bit of cushion and would have helped. Preventable. View attachment 1735636

My dream exit boot and they ******* up I'm seriously pissed right now. Not sure how we fix it. Not wearing those until I made up my mind.
View attachment 1735637
Nice boot, but not a boot I ordered for now 800euros. I fixed everything with patients until now but this time you guys break me. This is just irresponsible waste of resources, disrespectful to workers hours and pretty much waste of time and money.

Yes, I read all the responses.

That seems to be a lot of errors. Is it possible that there was another order received around the same time and your order and theirs was swapped? That doesn't justify your issue, but like I stated, other than the leather, not much else is what you ordered.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, I read all the responses.

That seems to be a lot of errors. Is it possible that there was another order received around the same time and your order and theirs was swapped? That doesn't justify your issue, but like I stated, other than the leather, not much else is what you ordered.

Just to clarify what happened, it was a combination of a Robert and a Prospector and I let it come through as a Prospector SKU. This is my fault as the Prospector is not offered with an 8" height, is a newer boot for us that doesn't come through as much as others and I should have anticipated that there would be some confusion/possible auto-pilot on the part of the factory given those factors. I also should have brought it up considering that we did not have the updated Bill of Material format to better highlight unusual configurations. Our final QC process primarily looks at defects in workmanship rather than whether the BOM matches the selected options, which changed today. So, in short, we just made a standard Prospector rather than working off of the BOM because I didn't prep the factory adequately that a relatively unique build was coming through.

Totally my fault and I'm sorry again that it happened. I'm hopeful that the changes we've made to the BOMs and the additional checks in the QC process dramatically reduce the chances of this happening again. For what it's worth, our defect rate due to BOM mistakes or workmanship has improved over the past two years despite a significant increase in volume.

You guys are why we do this, I take this very personally and appreciate everyone's patronage and contributions deeply.

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pair of Americanas? Wondering how the arch is & if you have any pictures to share

Cycling Sasquatch

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pair of Americanas? Wondering how the arch is & if you have any pictures to share

Not much of an arch to speak of after you've experienced the 55 or 11067. Different strokes for different folks; I know that's the appeal of the HNW for a lot of flatter footed people, but I've found it's not for me. They're nicely lightweight and go well enough with shorts without being ostentatious, but they're definitely my least-worn pair. Just not my first choice if I'm gonna be on my feet all day.

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 11.54.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 11.54.58 AM.png

Last edited:

andy b.

Reaction score
For what it's worth, our defect rate due to BOM mistakes or workmanship has improved over the past two years despite a significant increase in volume.

Shuyler,
Did you ever imagine a team of craftsmen and women handcrafting boots the way they did over 100 years ago were going to require the world's most advanced logistics software to track it all? LOL

And the last statement in the quote above sounds like a good problem to have. ;) Congrats!

ll00ll00ll00ll

Reaction score
Shuyler,
Did you ever imagine a team of craftsmen and women handcrafting boots the way they did over 100 years ago were going to require the world's most advanced logistics software to track it all? LOL

And the last statement in the quote above sounds like a good problem to have. ;) Congrats!

We're in the middle of adopting a new MRP/BOM/Routing system, i can appreciate the pain.

nvrp813

Reaction score
Not much of an arch to speak of after you've experienced the 55 or 11067. Different strokes for different folks; I know that's the appeal of the HNW for a lot of flatter footed people, but I've found it's not for me. They're nicely lightweight and go well enough with shorts without being ostentatious, but they're definitely my least-worn pair. Not just not my first choice if I'm gonna be on my feet all day.

View attachment 1736224 View attachment 1736225

Is there a way to get the shorter heel, like on an Americana, with the arch support of a 55? I know the Prospector is an option but not sure how the arch compares to a 55 lasted boot, plus the Prospector has a much taller toe box. I imagine heel height is directly tied-in to the arch profile but figured I'd ask as I like the aesthetics of a shorter heel but love the arch support of a 55.

Cycling Sasquatch

Reaction score
Is there a way to get the shorter heel, like on an Americana, with the arch support of a 55? I know the Prospector is an option but not sure how the arch compares to a 55 lasted boot, plus the Prospector has a much taller toe box. I imagine heel height is directly tied-in to the arch profile but figured I'd ask as I like the aesthetics of a shorter heel but love the arch support of a 55.

I understand low-heeled 55 boots are in the works... @Nicks Boots Shuyler shared a pic of a 55 Moc Toe with a lower heel a while back.

ll00ll00ll00ll

Reaction score
Not much of an arch to speak of after you've experienced the 55 or 11067. Different strokes for different folks; I know that's the appeal of the HNW for a lot of flatter footed people, but I've found it's not for me. They're nicely lightweight and go well enough with shorts without being ostentatious, but they're definitely my least-worn pair. Not just not my first choice if I'm gonna be on my feet all day.

View attachment 1736224 View attachment 1736225

what are these? predator orange roughout?

Phanes

Reaction score
I'm now really confident that we can work things out. Looks like it even goes faster than anticipated.
It is good to see that they already put new measures in place, just bad luck that I was too early in production for that.
Maybe this whole thing is a wake up call in the right time before new products launches, the whole company has gone a long way and I hope they can reach their goals.

We are here a bit of an enthusiast forum with some special demands and that is not the standard procedure per definition, I knew that and accepted a risk but nicks and you, Shuyler, really show how it is done, great character conduct at full display here, no worries everything will be fine.

ciceroyeah

Reaction score
Just ordered my first pair of Nick's Falcons, standard config in brown chromexcel 11E, which I understand is supposed to have a somewhat quicker lead time than the 16-20 weeks normal for more customized options. What kind of lead time should I expect to see on these, what have people experienced lately?

ll00ll00ll00ll

Reaction score
Just ordered my first pair of Nick's Falcons, standard config in brown chromexcel 11E, which I understand is supposed to have a somewhat quicker lead time than the 16-20 weeks normal for more customized options. What kind of lead time should I expect to see on these, what have people experienced lately?

I ordered a standard set of Builder Pros on November 10th, they shipped on December 8th, so it was 4 weeks exactly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads