• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Boots

forestradio

Reaction score
I did email them, sent them my feet measurements and tracings a few days back and they definitely got my sizing horribly wrong. They sized me at 10.5 D for the Rangers when I am 9D in Whites smoke jumpers on the 4811 last. Of what i have been reading on various forums, the 67 Nicks last for Rangers is pretty similar to whites 4811 and i should go for the same sizing as my whites.
Yeah, that's quite a bit off. Do you know your Brannock? They had me 1 full size down from my Brannock size for their 55 last and they say they'll typically go 1/2 size smaller from 67 to 55 so I'd be 1.5 sizes down at that point.

dublinpremium

Reaction score
Yeah, that's quite a bit off. Do you know your Brannock? They had me 1 full size down from my Brannock size for their 55 last and they say they'll typically go 1/2 size smaller from 67 to 55 so I'd be 1.5 sizes down at that point.
Not sure about the brannock sizing, but i am 9D in whites smoke jumpers and 9D in red wing iron rangers. I wear a 10D in adidas sneakers. Hence I am thinking I would be a 9D in Nicks rangers as well.

Crit_Obs

Reaction score

That rings true for me as well.

9.5E to EE on brannock, 8.5E on the more common White’s/Nick’s lasts, 8EE on 11067 according to Nick’s CS.

andy b.

Reaction score
I did email them, sent them my feet measurements and tracings a few days back and they definitely got my sizing horribly wrong. They sized me at 10.5 D for the Rangers when I am 9D in Whites smoke jumpers on the 4811 last. Of what i have been reading on various forums, the 67 Nicks last for Rangers is pretty similar to whites 4811 and i should go for the same sizing as my whites.
I wear the same size in Whites and Nicks. The Nicks might fit very slightly wider, but I wear all different thicknesses of socks, and never had an issue lacing things tight enough.
If I was purchasing another pair of Nicks, I'd still stick with my Whites size.

dublinpremium

Reaction score
I wear the same size in Whites and Nicks. The Nicks might fit very slightly wider, but I wear all different thicknesses of socks, and never had an issue lacing things tight enough.
If I was purchasing another pair of Nicks, I'd still stick with my Whites size.
Thank you, that makes ordering easy for me :)

Crit_Obs

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I am placing my order and going with the same size as my white's smokejumpers. I really like how the rangers high arch boots in walnut look. I will keep you updated when I get the boots.

How much do they charge you for the privilege of having the produce shipped to your address in Ireland?

dublinpremium

Reaction score
How much do they charge you for the privilege of having the produce shipped to your address in Ireland?
I have mailed Nicks, havent got a quote yet. I am guessing it would be approx 55 euros with USPS.

Crit_Obs

Reaction score
I have mailed Nicks, havent got a quote yet. I am guessing it would be approx 55 euros with USPS.

It was about $180 to Finland the last time I queried with them, so put this down as another issue that greatly interests me. :cheers:

dublinpremium

Reaction score
It was about $180 to Finland the last time I queried with them, so put this down as another issue that greatly interests me. :cheers:
180? thats crazy, I ordered 2 pairs of smoke jumpers from bakers and they shipped it for 60$

dublinpremium

Reaction score
I placed my order with Nicks and they charged me 75$ for shipping. SO the Rangers cost me 460$+75$ = 535$

Crit_Obs

Reaction score
I placed my order with Nicks and they charged me 75$ for shipping. SO the Rangers cost me 460$+75$ = 535$

Well that’s not too bad, guv, not too bad at all. Much obliged for sharing the info. Hope they’ll get them ready & shipped to you soon!

Crit_Obs

Reaction score
Holy bawls this is a monster pair.

- 5332 last, #2 toe
- double midsole
- Vibram #700 outsole
- Black bullhide
- all black stitching on uppers, white welt-stitching

Sorry for the photos, I think it's this evil pair of footwear that laughs at my pathetic attempts at catching their glory on celluloid.
IMG_20200311_1747279.jpg
IMG_20200311_1748031.jpg

NorthCoast

Reaction score
Looks sweet.

Black bullhide is nice.

What is the name of the boot that uses that last?

Crit_Obs

Reaction score
Looks sweet.

Black bullhide is nice.

What is the name of the boot that uses that last?

Thanks man.

This model was only for the Japanese market but it's essentially a packer with non-packer heel; #5332 last seems to be available only for packer builds in Nick's webstore and it can be coupled with either #2 or #3 toe.

Their Manito shoe used to be built on the #5332 but these days it's strictly #55 only - I asked about the possibility of having a pair of Manitos made on #5332 but it was a resounding no.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads