• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nick's Boots

Crit_Obs

Reaction score
How does the Brown Domane leather compare to Brown Chromexcel? Nicks claims it's identical but a reviewer on their site said it has a shade of red to it. Thanks! I'm debating between the Nicks Robert and the Whites Bounty Hunter as a second pair of boots.
The brown domain wins by a lot - I wouldn’t even consider the CXL but the Seidel domain is excllent in both brown and burgundy. Lots of depth to the colour and pretty tough, might even take shine but I’m not one to shine my footwear so I leave that for others to expand on.

miggyramone

Reaction score
The brown domain wins by a lot - I wouldn’t even consider the CXL but the Seidel domain is excllent in both brown and burgundy. Lots of depth to the colour and pretty tough, might even take shine but I’m not one to shine my footwear so I leave that for others to expand on.
Excuse my ignorance, as I'm still new to this. Is the Brown Domane leather a smooth finished leather?

miggyramone

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on a pair of Roberts in Nicks standard brown configuration. I went with my Wolverine 1000 mile/Red Wing Heritage size. Hope it works out.

SleepyTexan

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on a pair of Roberts in Nicks standard brown configuration. I went with my Wolverine 1000 mile/Red Wing Heritage size. Hope it works out.
I wear a 9EE/9.5D on the Red Wings 8 last (iron ranger), White's 55 last in 9E/9.5D, Wesco jobmaster last in 9.5E/9.5D w/o leather insert and I've had pretty nice luck with Nick's Falcon (HNW last) in 9EE although I think this may be one size too wide.

Going by Nick's video here, I'd be a 9.75D/9.5D/E but with splay upon standing up I'm closer to a 10E.

SleepyTexan

Reaction score
In case anyone missed their Instagram post here, Nick's is having this seller sell off their seconds; prices start from $250 and go up to $325 before shipping fees.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.