1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Nick's Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by cathpah, Jan 29, 2014.

1. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Senior Member

I'm wearing my Nicks Falcon as I type, have had them for about 2.5 years. I have 2 pairs of White's SD in 55 as well and the arch ease is purely a White's thing.

What I'm saying is, if you are planning on using the boots to work in and/or stand a lot, the White's will give you more support.

Another super annoying thing with my pair of Nicks Falcon's is that the top of the boot was cut too wide so when I tie them the top eyelets nearly meet. That may just be my pair though. And the break in on mine was brutal, though that may in part have been an artifact of waxed flesh.

Both my SD's were comfortable right out of the box.

2. Crit_Obs

Crit_Obs Well-Known Member

Falcon is not built on #55 or any other of their arch ease lasts, while their SD-analogy "Robert" and many other models are.

3. tallyho

tallyho Active Member

Thank you for sharing your experience. So, you means SD and Falcon only similar on the upper?

4. Crit_Obs

Falcon is built on their HNW last which is the same/similar to White's Northwest last, i.e. flatter than Kansas.

If you want a similar-styled boot built on their #55 last check out "Robert".

5. tallyho

tallyho Active Member

Interesting! So their appearance will be the same, right?

6. tallyho

tallyho Active Member

Thanks! Actually, I'm looking for an alternative boots for White's BH

7. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Senior Member

Thanks for the clarification.

That explains it.

8. mlwdp

mlwdp Senior Member

I recently contacted Nick's the other day about making the Ranger boot MTO and asked them if they could do it in Horsehide as I like the William. They said sure and looking at a $60 charge. That's awesome.

9. Crit_Obs

Yeah, apparently they are game for all sorts of MTOs that cannot be configured in their webstore, arrangements have to be made and details discussed on the phone & by email.

10. linafelt

linafelt Distinguished Member

And given that Wesco has a $160 up-charge for HH that seems pretty good...

11. mlwdp

mlwdp Senior Member

I did confirm with over email about the pricing of the Ranger in Horsehide. They said it's the same price as the Robert in Horsehide ($605). I really like the sleekness of the Ranger. I also asked them about the break in and they said it would better than the thick leather they normally use.

IMG_4560.JPG

12. mlwdp

mlwdp Senior Member

Unfortunately, they can't make the Hot Shot or Builderpro Contender in Horsehide. That would've been crazy!

13. Crit_Obs

This is what they told me back in August, about making a Builder Pro in horsehide:

I didn't proceed with it at the time as the rates at which they ship to EU are nothing short of redonkolous, but up until now I have been satisfied in knowledge that this is even an option; they told you it's not, in as many words? :-(

14. mlwdp

mlwdp Senior Member

One of the employees told me over the phone, but I guess you could try to work it out and buy them while putting it in a special order.