Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nick's Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by cathpah, Jan 29, 2014.

1. dtpdta

dtpdta Active Member

Those look great. What are the specs on them?

2. 4characters

4characters Senior member

Nice boots!
    But please be careful with the coconut oil… Might want to use LP instead…

3. cathpah

cathpah Senior member

While I don't disagree about being careful with coconut oil (easy to over-condition), I would also say that Obenauf's LP can be overkill as well...and can potentially diminish the luster and color variation on the leather. I've certainly used Obenauf's on my share of boots, but those are generally boots that I'm putting through their paces and which will likely end up in big puddles or full days out in the snow. For boots that have been worn for months and have only one scratch, I'd say Obenauf's would be overkill. I'd likely recommend Lexol conditioner or Allen Edmonds leather lotions in small amounts over anything else.

All that said, I certainly don't want to turn this into a "which conditioner is best" thread, and everyone has their own favorites and philosophies...just wanted to share my 2¢ on the matter.

4. Nerkg

Nerkg Senior member

Are those the zuricks?

5. jgold16

jgold16 New Member

Awesome boots! What is your build? Were these on the "3" last? They seem to have a lower profile than most other Nick's boots which I am guessing were built on the "4" last.

Also, what exactly is the Mexcel leather? Is it just processed by Nick's or does it come from Horween?

6. jrosenthal

jrosenthal Senior member

Has anyone here tried on one of their new oxford's? Two weeks ago their website showed only the new Minato oxford in black and today it is rife with oxfords in various configurations (they are clearly striking at the fashion market now and seem to be ramping up their website). I am very curious about how these fit compared to the White's retro oxford which I know fits my foot, and these are $200 less!

James

7. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

Can any one give size measurement compared to Barrie or trubalance last

8. Nerkg

Nerkg Senior member

I'm a 9.5 in trubalance, perfect fit.
    In nicks 9.5 fits snug, 10 has a little room

9. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Have not checked this board for a while, but when I did found this album link. These are fantastic boots! I think the proportions between captoe, heel counter, sole, etc, is perfect. And the stitched down constuction very tight. Also like the slightly Munson shape to the vamp. Can anyone give the specs for this boot?

10. jrosenthal

jrosenthal Senior member

Agreed. Everything looks right, I would just want a slightly higher toe box as it looks a little pinched in the front (like the non celastic toe on the White's). Does anyone know what last shape that is? Doesn't look like any of the silhouettes of the toe shapes Nick's has on their website.
    James

11. cathpah

cathpah Senior member

Nick's recently confirmed that they can get both olive Chromepak (same as what Viberg used in their famed 3sixteen collab) and natural chromepak. Be forewarned that their natural Chromepak can be a good deal greener than natural CXL (I have a belt in natural Chromepak that borders on mint colored). I'd go olive Chromepak if not going with the Dark Olive CXL through Vermilyea Pelle.

While not my Nick's (got those in the summer and haven't had enough boot weather to beat them up yet, I own a pair of Rancourt beefroll penny loafers in dark olive CXL, and they're even more amazing now that they've received a good amount of wear. Here's an album.

Quote:
    They matched up with my Trubalance sizing, but my barrie size is a half size smaller. I would highly recommend sending in your tracings to make sure you get it right. I don't believe it costs you a thing, and feet are both unique and fickle.

Agreed 100%. This captoe looks spot on, and is the reason I have a captoe coming on my pair in waxed flesh. I don't trust White's to get a captoe right (they're so often wonky), but it looks like Nick's has figured it out. Fingers are crossed that mine look as good as these.

I believe (but I've been wrong before) that that is the HNW last, which has a lower arch height than their other boots because of the lower heel. I think that's the last that their Robert line comes on, but again...this is just speculation.

12. TheBlackGoat

TheBlackGoat New Member

Nicks Bowhunter????.......Ranger???? (Not sure on model name)

- Tan Teton leather
    - # 3 Toe Last ( with no celastic)
    - Deadstock Honey Vibram Soles
    - Standard Heel Height

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014

13. Nerkg

Nerkg Senior member

To me that's one hideously ugly boot in every way, the bulbous toe looks bad

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014

14. dtpdta

dtpdta Active Member

What are the other details on the boots? I am curious.
    What else don't you like? I think they look pretty good.

15. westie187

westie187 Senior member

They look pretty good to me, jmo.