• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nickelson Wooster Fired

CaymanS

Reaction score
I call it "Lon-von"
You call it "Lan-vinn"
You call it "bro'in down"
I call it "Lampin'"
I'm from Flushing, bright as a lamp, man...

3tcuj8h

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My friend just texted me that he saw Wooster walking on the street. I told him to offer him a job at the bank he works at.

TonyThe Tailor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blofeld
It's hilarious. There isn't a single man on here (especially in MC), with even a fraction of his gravitas. Maybe that's the reason for all the hate.

Speak for yourself.

My very educated guess is that he was fired for performance reasons. What he was buying and merchandising was not selling for either store, and at the end of the day, it is all about selling and making a profit.
His dress and appearance I am sure have nothing to do with his firing, it was his merchant abilities. They sure miss Darrel Osborne, who in his own right was a very flamboyant dresser, but he was a damn good merchant.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TonyThe Tailor
Speak for yourself.

My very educated guess is that he was fired for performance reasons. What he was buying and merchandising was not selling for either store, and at the end of the day, it is all about selling and making a profit.
His dress and appearance I am sure have nothing to do with his firing, it was his merchant abilities. They sure miss Darrel Osborne, who in his own right was a very flamboyant dresser, but he was a damn good merchant.

Exactement...

They're not a charity ...

If you buy **** nobody wants to be seen dead in it , you will get fired...

They don't care about his internet fame and cult status if he doesn't bring in the money..

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rufino
Internet status?

Does it matters on $$ world?

Nop...

Having a following is different than bringing mony in the till.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a time in re-education camp, he will join HartMarx.

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
What are the 5-10 rules? From what I can see the only major rule broken is trouser length, and maybe that often his shirt cuff and collar buttons are undone. if you look at the pictures above from the knees up I think he looks pretty good.

yeah, but the rule that is broken is done so in such an outrageously conspicuous and jarring manner that it has a bigger impact than breaking five rules more inconspicuously - and so, it ends up being gimmicky.

but that's probably exactly what he's going for, and we need at least a few experimental, attention-seeking peacocks to keep things interesting. so nicky has my support.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
regardless of his job performance, I would generally like his looks if he could just get pants that got within an inch of his bloody shoes.

That high wader **** has got to go.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed, at first it just plain annoyed me, but now I think it's more to do with his cuff size to height ratio. I.e. he needs a smaller cuff!

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ lol +1

This is not a knock on Wooster, but what's strange about that look is that it involves cutting your pants in the "highwater" or "floods" look, but with a gargantuan cuff. This is where the it becomes circus-like to me. That tan suit he's wearing might have a two-inch cuff on a pair of slim fit trousers. I just can't get accustomed to that - perhaps it would look less strange to me if the trousers were not cuffed. . .

Edit: JapanAlex, good to know I'm not the only one :)

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, short men look bad-ass with no cuffs! I mean, 80% of the time fashion comes down to proportions, cuts, lines, etc. This can be applied to everything"”how you use a hairstyle to complement features, etc. I think, if he had a cuff at all, a 1"-1.5" cuff would be all he could pull off, although why does he even need a cuff?!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads