• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nickelson Wooster Fired

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A guy with massive balls who is considered a king by his contemporaries just got canned. Its a sad day, and I challenge anyone hating on him to do a better job the he did.

blofeld

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yachtie
Probably rooting around in more dumpsters for his wardrobe.
laugh.gif

oh I get it, his wardrobe is like trash! hilarious, sir!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eddievddr10
I nominate Spoo as a replacement, tats and all
bigstar[1].gif

I told you I just got a promotion, right?
devil.gif

Originally Posted by eddievddr10
Spoo- on the flip side i think you have your inspiration for this weeks WAYWRN challenge: A homage to the departing of Nick Wooster.
peepwall[1].gif

You and me kid. Orange duck boots at dawn.

twistoffat

Reaction score
Just as a matter of interest does anybody know how his sales figures at Nieman Marcus were. At the end of the day he is a buyer and the clothes he buys are expected to sell. That means identifying the correct product for his client base or widening that base to increase sales. Has any of that happened. I admire his style and sense of adventure with clothing but obviously he was not delivering what his employers want. Ignoring his personal style was he delivering the goods or was there another reason he got canned?

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CaymanS
3dnwqky

435nr2m

3su3nal

44p3qbd

3uqm22y

3pv2jy5

3t6xa9t

3h4znsp

3vxqa97

3n8nj82

3uhz5cy

3z9uapn

3u2jsme

3wjgalh

3ougnmw

He looks like that actor who was in Name of the Rose whatisname? He was in the bikie movie I saw recently as the head capo...

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
I don't think he needs money or will struggle to find a new jobs like millions of other people on this planet...

That will explain the cavalier attitude of some of us.

Anyone who thinks this guy is going to eat at soup kitchens now has their heads up their own asses so far they could taste their own indigestion.

As far as the man and the company he's no longer with, I think you'll start to see less of the flashy stuff you used to at NM. They'll become more Saks like, unless they hire someone out of Austin (paging Kent Wang?). I enjoy his pictures and know that even if he hasn't already, he'll end up on his feet somewhere in a place where he'll get to show more of his creativity and style than he did at NM, get paid more, and generally be happier with his job...and a few weeks off at a nice time of year to have a few weeks off.

I say good for him!

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He does a strange mix of traditional style up top with a more urban street/casual thing on the bottom. If I hold my hand over the bottom of the full length pics (from the waist down), his outfits actually look pretty damn good to me (except for the one I originally posted but everyone has an off day). All of the photos that were originally showing him from the waist up are the ones where I would agree he is "killing" it. Its not that his stuff from the waist down looks bad, either, its just my eye is probably not used to seeing that kind of mix, so its a bit jarring to me. But he's definitely doing his thing and no doubt he will land on his feet.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PhiloVance
He does a strange mix of traditional style up top with a more urban street/casual thing on the bottom. If I hold my hand over the bottom of the full length pics (from the waist down), his outfits actually look pretty damn good to me (except for the one I originally posted but everyone has an off day). All of the photos that were originally showing him from the waist up are the ones where I would agree he is "killing" it. Its not that his stuff from the waist down looks bad, either, its just my eye is probably not used to seeing that kind of mix, so its a bit jarring to me. But he's definitely doing his thing and no doubt he will land on his feet.

+1

His combos of color and texture are awesome, I just have never been down with the tight, high waters trouser look. Not from him, not from Thom Browne, not from Sid Mashburn, not from no one.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
I don't think he was ever meant to be the face of NM/BG.

I doubt 99% of their customers have any idea who he is.

Maybe NM wanted to keep it that way!
laugh.gif

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have really enjoyed his buys for Goodmans third floor. This seasons McQueen, Lanvin, and Dries especially.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tats got him fired, I keep warning all those young people.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics