1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nickelson Wooster Fired

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 24, 2011.

1. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Speak for yourself.

My very educated guess is that he was fired for performance reasons. What he was buying and merchandising was not selling for either store, and at the end of the day, it is all about selling and making a profit.
    His dress and appearance I am sure have nothing to do with his firing, it was his merchant abilities. They sure miss Darrel Osborne, who in his own right was a very flamboyant dresser, but he was a damn good merchant.

Exactement...

They're not a charity ...

If you buy shit nobody wants to be seen dead in it , you will get fired...

They don't care about his internet fame and cult status if he doesn't bring in the money..

2. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Internet status?

Does it matters on $$ world?

Nop...

Having a following is different than bringing mony in the till.

3. comrade

comrade Senior member

After a time in re-education camp, he will join HartMarx.

4. OttoSkadelig

OttoSkadelig Senior member

What are the 5-10 rules? From what I can see the only major rule broken is trouser length, and maybe that often his shirt cuff and collar buttons are undone. if you look at the pictures above from the knees up I think he looks pretty good.

yeah, but the rule that is broken is done so in such an outrageously conspicuous and jarring manner that it has a bigger impact than breaking five rules more inconspicuously - and so, it ends up being gimmicky.

but that's probably exactly what he's going for, and we need at least a few experimental, attention-seeking peacocks to keep things interesting. so nicky has my support.

5. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

regardless of his job performance, I would generally like his looks if he could just get pants that got within an inch of his bloody shoes.

That high wader shit has got to go.

6. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

Agreed, at first it just plain annoyed me, but now I think it's more to do with his cuff size to height ratio. I.e. he needs a smaller cuff!

7. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

^^^ lol +1

This is not a knock on Wooster, but what's strange about that look is that it involves cutting your pants in the "highwater" or "floods" look, but with a gargantuan cuff. This is where the it becomes circus-like to me. That tan suit he's wearing might have a two-inch cuff on a pair of slim fit trousers. I just can't get accustomed to that - perhaps it would look less strange to me if the trousers were not cuffed. . .

Edit: JapanAlex, good to know I'm not the only one :)

8. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

Yeah, short men look bad-ass with no cuffs! I mean, 80% of the time fashion comes down to proportions, cuts, lines, etc. This can be applied to everything"”how you use a hairstyle to complement features, etc. I think, if he had a cuff at all, a 1"-1.5" cuff would be all he could pull off, although why does he even need a cuff?!

9. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

[​IMG]

I actually like this sans tats and matchy watch strap

10. colabear

colabear Senior member

11. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Senior member

[​IMG]

How did he ever get the job in the first place, he always looks like shit... Wonder what he wore to his interview.

12. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

How did he ever get the job in the first place, he always looks like shit... Wonder what he wore to his interview.

If anyone else was wearing the shit he's peapocking around , you will get slaughtered by the SF crowd...

The pants are too short, the shoes are disgusting and so on....

More of the combos are fugly except the most conservative ones...

The guy is not that creative , he just reject the rules and wear idiotic combo to shock...

That is not creative just attention seeking..

13. meister

meister Senior member

If anyone else was wearing the shit he's peapocking around , you will get slaughtered by the SF crowd...

The guy is not that creative , he just reject the rules and wear idiotic combo to shock...

+1 QED

14. howbah

howbah Senior member

[​IMG]

why is there a photo of Randy Newman in the "Spring Threads" presentation?

15. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Sure but I have realiced that most of the posters here got no personality or even good taste.

Well said Mr. Lasbar.

+1 QED

[​IMG]

16. comrade

comrade Senior member

I've been looking at the NM offerings in San Francisco, which he presumably had something
    to do with. From the selection for the past 5 to 7 years.,I would not buy anything. . Admittedly,
    I am a style fundamentalist, preferring classical Ivy-derived clothing. PaulStuart, pre Phineas
    Cole, is a good guide.

17. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

I've been looking at the NM offerings in San Francisco, which he presumably had something
    to do with. From the selection for the past 5 to 7 years.,I would not buy anything. . Admittedly,
    I am a style fundamentalist, preferring classical Ivy-derived clothing. PaulStuart, pre Phineas
    Cole, is a good guide.

That NM has a pretty good Kiton section though.

18. lefty

lefty Senior member

lefty

19. comrade

comrade Senior member

That NM has a pretty good Kiton section though.

Yes. It does. But, at least before the Mitchells took over, Wilkes Kiton was more my style.

20. barims

barims Senior member

This just arrived in my Mode Parade's inbox: For Immediate Release PROJECT PARTNERS WITH MENSWEAR ICON NICK WOOSTER Creative advisor for PROJECT's Men's Collections. New York, NY, June 13th, 2011 - PROJECT is thrilled to announce its collaboration with Nick Wooster, famed men's fashion consultant and internet phenomenon. As PROJECT's Creative Advisor for the new Men's Collections initiative, the iconic Wooster will curate an experiential, tailored installation for PROJECT Las Vegas taking place August 22-24 at Mandalay Bay. "From the moment PROJECT called, I knew that I had to work with them, so I just said yes," said the Manhattan-based Wooster, who most recently held the title of Men's Fashion Director for Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman. "[PROJECT President] Andrew Pollard's leadership and rock star team make this an opportunity too interesting to pass up. I really believe we will create something special that makes coming to Vegas in August a very worthwhile trip for everyone." As modern men look to combine both heritage and innovation in their personal style, urban gentlemen worldwide will appreciate Wooster's uncanny ability to pinpoint and reinvent the contemporary market's most relevant trends -- while instinctively referencing menswear's classic heritage. As such, Wooster's experiential Men's Collection installation will feature lifestyle brands and concepts that reinterpret key staples with those new, interesting details that help define a man's identity. "Nick Wooster is both brilliant and influential," said PROJECT President Andrew Pollard. "He's full of original, authentic ideas and his personal style is a legacy in itself. We're thrilled to be working with him and are certain this relationship will create a wonderful collaboration at PROJECT Las Vegas, and also inspire many modern men." About PROJECT: Launched in 2003 and held bi-annually in New York and Las Vegas, PROJECT is the world’s preeminent contemporary fashion event. PROJECT features the most directional brands and attracts the most influential retailers in the global marketplace; uniting them in a dynamic and community-focused atmosphere. For more information, please visit www.projectshow.com.