• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nick Wooster, badass?

ALFAMALE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Threw up a little bit when I saw this....
pieceashit.jpg

Miles Gloriosus

Reaction score
Nick Wooster is a fashion troll. Like Thom Browne, only his aesthetic looks pretty good sometimes instead of sucking all over the damn place.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ALFAMALE
Threw up a little bit when I saw this....
pieceashit.jpg

Just a little bit?

I hate that kind of fashionistas trying too hard being noticed in a "Hey look at me I'm eccentric and interesting" kind of way...

Miles Gloriosus

Reaction score
I don't think he's doing that. I think he's creating a dialogue with his clothes that you missed.

brokentelephone

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Just a little bit?

I hate that kind of fashionistas trying too hard being noticed in a "Hey look at me I'm eccentric and interesting" kind of way...

Jesus -- he probably is eccentric and interesting.

People tend to dress in a way they feel most comfortable, especially those that dress outside of the norm. Lots of people on SF dress in a way dictated by other members here, and by following rules they're being more disingenous than someone like that dude. I have loads of friends with great style, and a few fashion designer friends -- sure they read up about clothing, but they take a lot of risks and try to carve out their own styles.

I dress quite preppy so am not putting anyone down for following a particular style, but i do think people on the fringe should be applauded.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brokentelephone
Jesus -- he probably is eccentric and interesting.

People tend to dress in a way they feel most comfortable, especially those that dress outside of the norm. Lots of people on SF dress in a way dictated by other members here, and by following rules they're being more disingenous than someone like that dude. I have loads of friends with great style, and a few fashion designer friends -- sure they read up about clothing, but they take a lot of risks and try to carve out their own styles.

I dress quite preppy so am not putting anyone down for following a particular style, but i do think people on the fringe should be applauded.

The problem with people dressing outside the norms their tastes are actually very much influenced by the mainstream they try to reject...

I see more creativity inside mainstream fashion than outside...

Miles Gloriosus

Reaction score
The problem with people dressing outside the norms their tastes are actually very much influenced by the mainstream they try to reject...

Wooster is subverting trends, not rejecting them. Why would he be wearing camo, a trend item, if he's trying to be anti-trendy?

Now you're just making **** up.

brokentelephone

Reaction score

Sorry to be daft, but I genuinely don't understand what you mean.

He is wearing a suit made of funny fabric, a perfectly normal dress shirt (albeit with unbuttoned collar), and a wacky tie. He is well within the mainstream, just adding some (or lots) of flair.

I prefer the look of people adding a bit of style to traditional looks, but I don't think its right to criticise people who take risks and dedicate their lives to fashion/art or whatever (i write this as i sit in an office trying to draw up documents for clients -- not to creative in the fashion sense).

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Miles Gloriosus;3800156 said:
Wooster is subverting trends, not rejecting them. Why would he be wearing camo, a trend item, if he's trying to be anti-trendy?

Subverting or not ,he looks like a prat..

You made quite a good point even if you're borderline playing with semantics because guys like SF members are not trendy and are not bothered by fashion trends make them freer to be creative.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads