• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I will give you another alternative bearing in mind you might go with chukkas or STD that you already have. Some mix of both beautiful models which I really like is represented by this bootie I have in mink suede... just to confuse your mind a little bit more ...ha!

View attachment 1724143
View attachment 1724146
Is that the EG Halifax? I have that shoe and never wear it. I like it, however.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, its a HW bootie from Xibao. I cant believe you do not wear your Halifaxs nor your SCs chukkas. All of them rock my friend. No need to buy more then!.

bjhofkin

Reaction score
I done a Kirby interview when I was in Dallas, it’s on YouTube now. I would link to it but I can’t bring myself to click on any sort of footage of myself
That is a particularly fantastic freeze-frame.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finished watching the video. I enjoyed that interview.

Also enjoyed this shot of the two-eyelet derbies. Still kind of interested in this style.
I thought these were great when I saw them a few weeks ago. I'm tickled by the idea of them in a sort of cross-hatched, medium brown leather.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@ntempleman Do you happen to know if there's any history behind this style of shoe? I found photos of these bespoke John Lobb shoes. The style somewhat reminds me of Russell Moccasin's fishing oxford

Is there a name for this style and any kind of history behind the design?

s-l160000.jpeg
s-l16000.jpeg
s-l1600.jpeg

ntempleman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No history within the west end trade to my knowledge, if I had to guess I’d say the client brought in a pair of existing shoes to be duplicated as they’ve got details that you just don’t see anywhere in the showcase, like the little raised seam on the heel counter and the shape of the foam rubber sole/heel. I’d expect it would have a pretty dry description rather than a name, “golosh Norwegian V-front” would be my bet

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No history within the west end trade to my knowledge, if I had to guess I’d say the client brought in a pair of existing shoes to be duplicated as they’ve got details that you just don’t see anywhere in the showcase, like the little raised seam on the heel counter and the shape of the foam rubber sole/heel. I’d expect it would have a pretty dry description rather than a name, “golosh Norwegian V-front” would be my bet
Or “Diane Arbus Dover”

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads