• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I had a dream last night that Nicholas returned to NYC with my fitters. I liked them very much, however he glued a rubber sole on the bottoms. I was rather confused and disappointed, however I asked him if I could pay my balance in cash (in GBP) from a currency exchange. He promptly opened up a case that looked like it would hold an accordion. It turned out to be a GBP printing device where he typed in the balance and it spit GBP out like an ATM. I need one of those devices.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to dream that becoming a shoemaker would be like printing money but things don’t seem to be working out quite that way
If you mean a difficult and intricate process that requires a lot of time consuming work, while not intended to be profitable, then its probably exactly like the printing of money :)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.