• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicholas K Question

Jazzman19

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this brand? I bought a houndstooth shirt on Gilt that I digged for it's uniqueness. However, I'm worried it will look a bit fem compared to the standard closet stalwarts for men. I like unique but this might be too unique. It's got a bit of a Bohemian vibe to it and with a henley and denim looks masculine enough.

Just thoughts on the brand alone or the shirt if you know the one I am speaking of from the Gilt sale a couple weeks ago.

Thanks

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like the brand. The pieces are based on militaria, so I'm not sure where you get the "fem" vibe from. On the other hand, I've never given off a fem vibe. When I wear things uncontrol might like, I give off an unmistakeable douchebag vibe. The douchiness just oozes from my pores when I am wearing anything silky. I feel like I should be wearing expensive sunglasses indoors, snapping my fingers at waiters, slapping women's asses, talking about going to the Maldives for the weekend, and enumerating my large household staff.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen quite a few pieces from Nicholas K I'd definitely love to add to what I would call 'upscale rivet' wardrobe due to the militaristic influences. Some people can pull that look off, others can't. All I can say is if you like it and it fits? Wear it. Don't worry about what other people are thinking.

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlieAngel
All I can say is if you like it and it fits? Wear it. Don't worry about what other people are thinking.

Easier said than done.There's a liitle bit of worry about what others think in all of us, or we wouldn't check in here. We'd be out balling chicks in wife beaters like we used to before SF. Now we're all just a bunch of net-whipped dough boys.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads