• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

    We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

    The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nice transformation for an old guy.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
3,778
Reaction score
5
Steroids
 

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
May 4, 2006
Messages
15,830
Reaction score
31
Or HGH.
 

AintDatRite

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2008
Messages
174
Reaction score
0
Or both....

I have a friend that ordered that stuff online. To make it 'legal', they sent him to some medical lab in our city for a blood test and then said his testosterone levels were 'low'. Their doctor then wrote him prescriptions for HGH and (forget the brand name) Testosterone that he had to inject in his arse or leg... oh yeah - they didnt give him the written prescriptions, he had to have it filled thru their pharmacy. It was around $1400/month for all the drugs they sent him. Even tho he had insurance, they didnt accept insurance. But he now looks like the gentleman in the above photo... after working out for 8 months.
 

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Messages
6,477
Reaction score
82
The front and back 'after' photos seem to be differently shaped bodies.

The V from the back is much more pronounced. Same guy?

And the face in the front photo looks photoshopped on.
 

why

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2007
Messages
9,735
Reaction score
406
Look at the protruding abdomen -- that's the steroid jaw of HGH.





And did his eyes change color?
 

Eustace Tilley

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2007
Messages
6,452
Reaction score
313
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
Steroids

Maybe, but its still quite an accomplishment. Contrary to popular belief, steroids don't give you instant muscles - you still have to bust your butt like a madman in the gym.
 

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Oct 27, 2006
Messages
10,136
Reaction score
2,474
Steroids? I doubt it during the cut.

Marc is a powerlifter who was injured and decided to cut. Looks like he lost some muscle which I wouldn't expect on a guy using.



Stats

Height: 5'8
Weight Classes: 275 - 308
Best Squat: 1124lb
Best Bench: 744lb
Best Deadlift: 722lb
Best Total: 2562lb

lefty
 

whacked

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
7,364
Reaction score
6
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Maybe, but its still quite an accomplishment. Contrary to popular belief, steroids don't give you instant muscles - you still have to bust your butt like a madman in the gym.

+1

"People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it." - Chris Gardner, Pursuit of Happyness.
 

why

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2007
Messages
9,735
Reaction score
406
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Maybe, but its still quite an accomplishment. Contrary to popular belief, steroids don't give you instant muscles - you still have to bust your butt like a madman in the gym.
Or do the same thing you always did with better results.
Originally Posted by lefty
Steroids? I doubt it during the cut. Marc is a powerlifter who was injured and decided to cut. Looks like he lost some muscle which I wouldn't expect on a guy using.
Most powerlifters in the top tiers are doping anyway. Looks like he mixed in some HGH with his usual cycles and decided to cut. Muscle loss will occur whether doping or not. In a lot of cases, intramuscular triglycerides and glycogen depletion leads to the 'lost muscle' look. Great accomplishment, but don't hold it to the same standard as any natural athlete.
 

whacked

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
7,364
Reaction score
6
Originally Posted by why
Or do the same thing you always did with better results.

I see, the guy must have exercised and eaten the same in both "before" and "after" pictures.
 

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
May 4, 2006
Messages
15,830
Reaction score
31
He may have been a powerlifter - but sorry, powerlifters do not look like him in his cut pics. Also there are plenty of steroids that DO help you lose fat - which is what he did: maintain muscle mass while shedding fat.
 

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2007
Messages
4,136
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by AintDatRite
Or both....

I have a friend that ordered that stuff online. To make it 'legal', they sent him to some medical lab in our city for a blood test and then said his testosterone levels were 'low'. Their doctor then wrote him prescriptions for HGH and (forget the brand name) Testosterone that he had to inject in his arse or leg... oh yeah - they didnt give him the written prescriptions, he had to have it filled thru their pharmacy. It was around $1400/month for all the drugs they sent him. Even tho he had insurance, they didnt accept insurance. But he now looks like the gentleman in the above photo... after working out for 8 months.


I wonder if I can prescribe myself some T and/or HGH?


I obviously know I can't prescribe medication to myself but should be easy enough to work around that. Sweet!
 

beasty

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
968
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by lefty
Steroids? I doubt it during the cut.

Marc is a powerlifter who was injured and decided to cut. Looks like he lost some muscle which I wouldn't expect on a guy using.

Stats

Height: 5'8
Weight Classes: 275 - 308
Best Squat: 1124lb
Best Bench: 744lb
Best Deadlift: 722lb
Best Total: 2562lb

lefty


If he can achieve that within a short time and he is not on the juice and you believe it, that confirms my suspicions on your intelligence or lack thereof all along.

Would you like to buy some magic beans I have for sale?
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 143 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 267 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 130 15.9%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 70 8.5%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 48 5.9%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 25 3.0%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 22 2.7%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 17 2.1%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 7 0.9%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 9 1.1%
  • 100+

    Votes: 52 6.3%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
429,054
Messages
9,228,372
Members
193,707
Latest member
mdrndsnlvr
Top