• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice Slim Pant-Not Italian Ball Hugging Slim

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like a clean slimmer tapered look, but this Inco/Mabitex just doesn't work for me. Anyone have good suggestions? Maybe J.Crews classic fit? Any good fits from Ralph Lauren?

Thanks,
RR

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
I like a clean slimmer tapered look, but this Inco/Mabitex just doesn't work for me. Anyone have good suggestions? Maybe J.Crews classic fit? Any good fits from Ralph Lauren?

Thanks,
RR

Lol +1. I think I made this thread a year ago but I don't remember what the replies were. Someone said size up in Incotex I think.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Lol +1. I think I made this thread a year ago but I don't remember what the replies were. Someone said size up in Incotex I think.

I remember your thread. I swear I can see ****** crack and penis in Inco's that fit in the waist.

sm31

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
And he could also try the US-sized models, which are typically fuller cut.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J. Crew has "Urban Slim Fit" chinos, pretty casual but also pretty cheap.

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dr.no
Incotex for Zegna.
This is a good suggestion. As mentioned above, some U.S. market Incotex aren't as slim but I still have no idea how to identify them beyond getting them from a U.S. based department store. The Valentini trousers I have (bought from Barneys in the U.S.) are slim, but certainly eased a bit from a lot of european Incotex/ PT01 trousers. edit: Oh yeah and RL Polo made in italy Preston fit would fit this description as well.

Jack2000

Reaction score
I like the j crew classic fit a lot. It has a higher rise than my incotex (which I like as well). It's not super slim, but a better look for a person how is not super skinny.

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
Are you looking for casual or dress pants? If you are looking for dress pants and want a pair with a slightly higher rise, try Corneliani's Elite slim pants. They are slim without being ball-hugging. I've also taken a lot of my "normal" fitting pants to my tailor to have them slimmed down.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you tried Howard Yount's ?

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Three forum members (perhaps more) do outstanding slim fit trousers:

Epaulet, search on google for their shop. I can vouch personally for the quality and fit of these - slim but definately not pen0r slim.

Edmorel: sells his panta line - have heard nothing but good reviews

Howard Yount: sells many trousers - more coming in, haven't bought yet but they look very good. Slim fit as well.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I second the Valentini recommendation. Barneys has a bunch of great plaids and checks.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on J. Crew pants. I've a pair of chinos and a pair of light cotton dress pants. They fit slightly fuller than Inco/Mabi, maybe by about 20%. I'm a skinny guy, though, so I prefer the Italian slim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads