• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nice Slim Pant-Not Italian Ball Hugging Slim

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like a clean slimmer tapered look, but this Inco/Mabitex just doesn't work for me. Anyone have good suggestions? Maybe J.Crews classic fit? Any good fits from Ralph Lauren?

Thanks,
RR

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
I like a clean slimmer tapered look, but this Inco/Mabitex just doesn't work for me. Anyone have good suggestions? Maybe J.Crews classic fit? Any good fits from Ralph Lauren?

Thanks,
RR

Lol +1. I think I made this thread a year ago but I don't remember what the replies were. Someone said size up in Incotex I think.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Lol +1. I think I made this thread a year ago but I don't remember what the replies were. Someone said size up in Incotex I think.

I remember your thread. I swear I can see my ass crack and penis in Inco's that fit in the waist.

sm31

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
And he could also try the US-sized models, which are typically fuller cut.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J. Crew has "Urban Slim Fit" chinos, pretty casual but also pretty cheap.

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dr.no
Incotex for Zegna.
This is a good suggestion. As mentioned above, some U.S. market Incotex aren't as slim but I still have no idea how to identify them beyond getting them from a U.S. based department store. The Valentini trousers I have (bought from Barneys in the U.S.) are slim, but certainly eased a bit from a lot of european Incotex/ PT01 trousers. edit: Oh yeah and RL Polo made in italy Preston fit would fit this description as well.

Jack2000

Reaction score
I like the j crew classic fit a lot. It has a higher rise than my incotex (which I like as well). It's not super slim, but a better look for a person how is not super skinny.

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
Are you looking for casual or dress pants? If you are looking for dress pants and want a pair with a slightly higher rise, try Corneliani's Elite slim pants. They are slim without being ball-hugging. I've also taken a lot of my "normal" fitting pants to my tailor to have them slimmed down.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Have you tried Howard Yount's ?

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Three forum members (perhaps more) do outstanding slim fit trousers:

Epaulet, search on google for their shop. I can vouch personally for the quality and fit of these - slim but definately not pen0r slim.

Edmorel: sells his panta line - have heard nothing but good reviews

Howard Yount: sells many trousers - more coming in, haven't bought yet but they look very good. Slim fit as well.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I second the Valentini recommendation. Barneys has a bunch of great plaids and checks.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on J. Crew pants. I've a pair of chinos and a pair of light cotton dress pants. They fit slightly fuller than Inco/Mabi, maybe by about 20%. I'm a skinny guy, though, so I prefer the Italian slim.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.