• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice Dry Jeans for $65

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I've heard, the denim is pretty meh, construction so-so, and generally, not worth the price when you can frequently get deals on substantially better jeans in buying and selling/supermarket. Either that, or Gap gough for 20 bucks, which is probably nicer denim anyways.

Some people like CM though.

tundrafour

Reaction score
I saw Cheap Mondays in person for the first time yesterday (other than quick glances at Barney's) and was neither impressed nor disappointed. They weren't the fantastic bargain some believe them to be, but I didn't think they seemed to be of particularly terrible quality, either. They'd be a decent buy at $35 or $40, but at $65 before shipping, not so much (IMO, of course).

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are not a bad pair of jeans, I like mine, but after Say mentioned it to me, you can see through them if you hold them up to the light after a bit of wear.

tundrafour

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackplatano
RRL is way better
Perhaps, but it's not really a very fair comparison. Cheap Monday is much more easily accessible in a wide variety of sizes and cheap at its normal retail price; finding a pair of RRLs in your size is a matter of timing and luck and they're much more expensive than CM at retail (and often around the same price-- or sometimes more expensive now-- as CMs). I happened to get two pair of the Japanese-made RRLs for less than $30 a piece, but it wouldn't exactly be reasonable for me to present them as an alternative to STFs or Goughs.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tundrafour
Perhaps, but it's not really a very fair comparison. Cheap Monday is much more easily accessible in a wide variety of sizes and cheap at its normal retail price; finding a pair of RRLs in your size is a matter of timing and luck and they're much more expensive than CM at retail (and often around the same price-- or sometimes more expensive now-- as CMs). I happened to get two pair of the Japanese-made RRLs for less than $30 a piece, but it wouldn't exactly be reasonable for me to present them as an alternative to STFs or Goughs.
Coming from a RRL owner, true. I've seen the selvage CM's on CaliRoots for $70. Has anyone seen them upclose?

thisisme

Reaction score
how are these RRLS? seller says theyre made in USA though...
rrllo0.jpg

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
They look like the more-recent generation, the last one I believe before the ridiculous ass branding. If I'm not mistaken, they measure large by an inch or so.

Really can't vouch for the denim itself since this is when RRL stopped using Japanese selvage (although I think they went back?). I've been curious to pick up a pair since the pairs I own are from the earlier generations.

thisisme

Reaction score
yea they run large by an inch which is fine....anyways i believe these are selvedge from the outseam.. just wondering about quality....they're like 50

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
If they're in your size, I'd probably get them. $50's cheaper than CM and I can almost guarantee will wear/last much better and longer. A little slow to fade but I still consider them to be some of the best denim I've felt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads