1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nice deal on some Isaias on STP

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnnynorman3, Jun 22, 2005.

1. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

2. sanmateo

sanmateo Well-Known Member

Thank you. I didn't think there were that many offensive linemen posting on the Styleforum. But you never know.

Do you by any chance know what the shoulder measurements are on those?

3. johnnynorman3

4. sanmateo

sanmateo Well-Known Member

The Euro 50 (which translates to a US 40, as I recall). Wow, you're a busy man today, Johnny. Thanks for all the help.

5. johnnynorman3

Shoulder will run about 18.5" -- it runs on the narrow side, but is very soft so it doesn't feel tight.

6. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

Had the 54L solid charcoal peak lapel suit in my box for a while, but decided not to pull the trigger on it.... got too many big expenses coming up - tuition bills and stuff, and i really want/need a navy suit, not another gray suit....

Anyway, its gone. best wishes to whoever got it...

7. Tuerney1

Tuerney1 Well-Known Member

Can someone explain this to me?

I've seen tags reading "Gianluca Isaia Napoli" with the name on a black upper and "Napoli" on a grey lower half. Would these be the proper canvas jackets or fused ones?

8. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

(NoVaguy @ June 22 2005,16:02) I believed those fused suits were $800 Gian Luca Napoli's by Isaia, not $2300 Gianluca Isaia's, but can't be sure.
    Can someone explain this to me? I've seen tags reading "Gianluca Isaia Napoli" with the name on a black upper and "Napoli" on a grey lower half. Would these be the proper canvas jackets or fused ones?
    That's mainline (i.e. high quality canvassed) Isaia. The fused Gianluca line has a blue label with just "Gianluca" on it.

9. Tuerney1

Tuerney1 Well-Known Member

10. ballines

ballines Well-Known Member

Got my suits from Sierra Trading Post (2-day fedex). I ended up ordering one of the three buttons in a 52 since I was skeptical of the 54 to 42/36 conversion they had on the website. Glad I did, the 52 fits much better right (will need to get it taken in in the middle a bit, but I always do). Oddly enough, the 54 isn't far off at all in the shoulders, but is too long and baggy in the middle. Plus - I like the pattern on the 3-button better. Only downside, $1,000 before the coupon, $800 afterward - still a good deal in my book.

Quality definitely seems top notch. Just a titch below the Attolini in my book - main things I notice at first glance, Attolini has more "precise" (not sure how else to describe this) stitching along the edges of the lapels (the stitches sort of look like little dots), and I vastly prefer the button-fly pants of Attolini (obviously this is not a criticism of the Isaia per se, as 99% of suits sold out there probably don't have this type of pant fly).

All in all, very satisfied with the purchase.

11. romafan

romafan Senior member

For anyone in NYC, C21 has their Isaia suits on sale for $669. A couple dozen, 38 - 44(?), mainly greys & blues, w/ some lighter summer colors as well. Pick up some Battistoni ties downstairs for $37 - they keep putting new ones out...