• We would like to welcome Lazy Sun as an official Affiliate Vendor. Lazy Sun is a shop in Park City with a focus on brands that believe function shouldn’t come at the expense of form. Please visit the Lazy Sun thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice Collective FW 2009

chiral

Reaction score
00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg
00040m.jpg
00060m.jpg
00070m.jpg
00080m.jpg
00100m.jpg
00130m.jpg
00140m.jpg
00150m.jpg
00160m.jpg
00170m.jpg
00190m.jpg
00200m.jpg
00210m.jpg
00230m.jpg
00240m.jpg
00260m.jpg
00280m.jpg
00290m.jpg
00300m.jpg
00310m.jpg
00320m.jpg
00330m.jpg
00350m.jpg
00360m.jpg
00380m.jpg
00390m.jpg
00400m.jpg
00420m.jpg
00430m.jpg
00450m.jpg
00490m.jpg
00500m.jpg
00510m.jpg
Courtesy of men.style.com

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Too bad they didn't use the ninja poncho I'm wearing in my avatar. Please don't judge the line by these photos. Mauro's buy is better than what you see here and unfortunately my favorite pieces aren't completely represented here. Johnny_5's hoodie/vest isn't here, my dark red/black plaid shirt isn't here, the mil hat isn't here, etc. The FW collection was probably the best collection I saw at mens' week and I wasn't the only one thinking that. For the most part this wasn't even my aesthetic but the product was just that good.
00100m.jpg
This jacket is 100x better in a real photo and even more so in person. I can't even tell if it's the olive version I liked or the gray one from this photo.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was this their first runway show, or have previous ones just not been well published on the interwebz?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Honestly that is probably the worst they could have done at representing the pieces. There are a number of items, as always, that I'm really interested in and the one you posted Who was #1, that looks great even in the pic so I look forward to seeing it in real life. I'm willing to bet this jacket is absolutely awesome, so why did they have to do THIS to it??
00310m.jpg

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I'll call Mauro tomorrow and see if I can't post a few photos to correct this horror. Michael, their fit model, really sells these pieces better than this stupid runway.

JD, you'd be all over that jacket I posted, as would most on this forum, if you could get a better pic of it. The peacoat was pretty nice, too, but I don't remember if we picked it up or not for fw (we were kinda drunk that morning.) I'll have to go through it all tomorrow.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
The styling is awful...

Quoted for truth. I could hardly pay attention to the actual collection because of the absurd ensembles.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I'll call Mauro tomorrow and see if I can't post a few photos to correct this horror. Michael, their fit model, really sells these pieces better than this stupid runway.

JD, you'd be all over that jacket I posted, as would most on this forum, if you could get a better pic of it. The peacoat was pretty nice, too, but I don't remember if we picked it up or not for fw (we were kinda drunk that morning.) I'll have to go through it all tomorrow.

Yeah definitely do, I'd be interested to see it, particularly in realistic lighting. How often does Mauro do his buys wasted? Either way if Farinelli's doesn't get it Roden Gray will so I'm sure I'll get to check a lot of this stuff out one way or another.

Detour Clothing Store

Reaction score
I'm going to have to agree that the runway shots do not do the line justice. I just got back from seeing the line and we think it looks fantastic, probably one of the best. There is more of the amazing outerwear, sweaters and accessories(including the boots!) than in the past lines. Don't judge the line form the "over stylized" runway shots, it looks good.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a few nice pieces in there, but i really don't like the way this is styled here
00380m.jpg
this henley thing could be a decent layering piece

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually find the Nice Collective shows amusing. You have to guess at the theme. Unlike some more "conceptual" designers, you really don't have to hurt your brain figuring out WTF they had in mind, especially when they are working with unfamiliar tropes.

You know that what is really necessary if for you to figure out which of the following are incorporated into the theme: Romany culture, military, punks, ninjas, turn of the century gangsters, and, occasionally, western. In this case, I come up with "Gypsy ninjas from a sketchy circus raid military surplus store". I can imagine that backstage, there was general pandemonium, and some guy was half dressed, and they couldn't find the striped trousers, and then someone spilled coffee on his shirt, and Ian just says "Screw it, dude. No time, you're just going to have to go out with what you have. Here, put on the boots."

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Hahahahahha!

I'm sure this is really nice stuff, the Nice Collective stuff I've handled felt and looked great, though it's a little outside of my aesthetic, but this runway show...

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Quoted for truth. I could hardly pay attention to the actual collection because of the absurd ensembles.

I concur......

Featured Sponsor

What is the most important handwork to have on a shirt?

• Hand attached collar

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Handsewn button holes

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • Hand finish on yolk and shoulders

Votes: 20 37.7%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timothy Crum