• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice clubs in Paris

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of my friends and me feel like going out in Paris soon, are there any forum members that can tell which are some nice clubs at the moment, what kind of music is played and exactly where they are located?

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been to the Buddha Bar, while I liked it it wasn't really the best club i've been to.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These "clubs" (they are only bars actualy) are traps for tourists or for wanna be.

You pay just to be seen...

I don't understand what people over 25  may enjoy in a noisy, full of smoked place (as in Paris you can smoke in bars/discos)where everything is 10 time too expensive (at least 7 euros for a can of Coke) and where you only have dumb people (or almost) dressed like social clones (copying the ridiculious trendy looks they see in magazines)  and just there to show off or to make think they are important people because they smoke a cigar among stupid people in a stupid bar in which anybody can enter in ...

These are just bars like bars you see in any city.

Come on, you deserve better than that...

What kind of music do you like ? =

This is the right question because you don't go in a club just because it trendy but because you like the music IMO.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bar Fly on George V or the Buddah Bar are 2 of the best, will be there myself in 90 days.
These 2 bars there trendy 6 years ago i guess...

Food is shoddy and prices are simply robbery.

Better go to Mac Donald's on Champs ElysÃ
00a9.png
es .

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well coincidently I do like the McDonald's on the Champs, but I like the Bar Fly as well, so i am a stupid tourist that likes to be trapped, I like to light up, and my wife enjoys the atmosphere, so let me be stupid, it bothers me not....I will go again, and enjoy, the dinners have been good, but Ernest, honestly, have you eaten at the Bar Fly, I would be very shocked at your answer being yes to that question, if so I need to move to Paris and be an unemployed shoe salesman. Tatse in bar scenes is different for everyone, and isn't part of going out, to BE SEEN, who ever went out late at night, dressed to the nines, and didn't want to be seen? How insanely ridiculous. But, as we have seen in the past, not everyone GETS IT.
laugh.gif
IMO

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually agree with Ernest. The Buddha Bar was OK, but the food was mediocre, the service was not very good and the ambiance was not much fun. Ernest, I like all kinds of music. What I look for in a place to go out is simply to have a very good time with my friends. But what I absolutely love is to go peoplewatching. Sometimes that includes the people you call 'social clones'. And other times it's an 'alternative' bar or a jazz cafÃ
00a9.png
. BTW, luckily i'm still 22 so well under the age of 25
wink.gif

jmswentworth

Reaction score
Hotel Costes
Le Plaza AthÃ
00a9.png
00a9.png
e
L'Etoile

There are so many.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I have not eaten at Buddah, however I have had dinner a few times at Bar Fly, the salmon is good, as well the steak tar tar, not to be thought as a 5 ***** restaurant, but not bad for a $100 or so for a couple, but I like the BF after 11 pm, it turns into a great social scene, where the people watching is great....following is a few other nice clubs to go to at night.

Batofar in the 13th
Bus Palladium - in the 9th
La CithÃ
00a9.png
a - in the 11th
La Distillerie - in the 12th
Le Divan du Monde - int he 18th
L'Amnesia - in Montparnasse

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well coincidently I do like the McDonald's on the Champs, but I like the Bar Fly as well, so i am a stupid tourist that likes to be trapped, I like to light up, and my wife enjoys the atmosphere, so let me be stupid, it bothers me not....I will go again, and enjoy, the dinners have been good, but Ernest, honestly, have you eaten at the Bar Fly, I would be very shocked at your answer being yes to that question, if so I need to move to Paris and be an unemployed shoe salesman. Tatse in bar scenes is different for everyone, and isn't part of going out, to BE SEEN, who ever went out late at night, dressed to the nines, and didn't want to be seen? How insanely ridiculous. But, as we have seen in the past, not everyone GETS IT.
laugh.gif
IMO
I have never really eaten in any trendy bars but many people do and they talk about it. You even have people whose job is to test these places. Anyway, just have a look at the menu and see it is nothing astonishing and that you can find the same food in 250 other places in Paris. May be you like famous places full of tourists and with selfstyled VIP. I prefer small original places with good food. I guess you should go out of the Champs ElysÃ
00a9.png
es once for a while (Pizza Pino is not considered as a good Pizzeria for exemple) because you can find better in Atlanta . To be seen by who and what for? I was doing this when I was 25. This just sounds aimless once you have a wife.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually agree with Ernest. The Buddha Bar was OK, but the food was mediocre, the service was not very good and the ambiance was not much fun. Ernest, I like all kinds of music. What I look for in a place to go out is simply to have a very good time with my friends. But what I absolutely love is to go peoplewatching. Sometimes that includes the people you call 'social clones'. And other times it's an 'alternative' bar or a jazz cafÃ
00a9.png
. BTW, luckily i'm still 22 so well under the age of 25
wink.gif
There is a retaurant in which you have no light. You eat in the complete dark and waiters are blind people. This may be a thing to try if you wanna try something new. I like to watch at people but I can do it in the street or in the subway. If you are 22, i understand better your position. I don't catch what a guy of 40 coming from the US will do in an US style trendy bar with his wife. I thought he would prefer eating in some very good restaurants, eating food he can not find in the US, seeing some amazing places, making bargains and meeting me .

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually we are eating in some very good restaurants (maybe not by your standards) let us see, I am eating at La Tour on Monday night when we arrive, then in a very nice restaurant in Reim on Tuesday night....then Jules Verne on Thursday night, so far I have not even walked into a dinner atmosphere on the Champs, and as to the Pizza Pino, to be honest, I have never eaten dinner there in my life, I have had pizza and Ice Cream, or Gelati if you will during the day, that why is we love going there, the 4 fromage pizza happens to be something we really enjoy, followed by a nice dish of pastachio.

As to the 22, what is a guy 40 out with his wife thing, because I can, and I enjoy being out with her.

alchimiste

Reaction score
Some of my friends and me feel like going out in Paris soon, are there any forum members that can tell which are some nice clubs at the moment, what kind of music is played and exactly where they are located?
You may want to look at this article.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually we are eating in some very good restaurants (maybe not by your standards) let us see, I am eating at La Tour on Monday night when we arrive, then in a very nice restaurant in Reim on Tuesday night....then Jules Verne on Thursday night, so far I have not even walked into a dinner atmosphere on the Champs, and as to the Pizza Pino, to be honest, I have never eaten dinner there in my life, I have had pizza and Ice Cream, or Gelati if you will during the day, that why is we love going there, the 4 fromage pizza happens to be something we really enjoy, followed by a nice dish of pastachio.

As to the 22, what is a guy 40 out with his wife thing, because I can, and I enjoy being out with her.
I will find you much better Pizza. I was talking about pizza when i was saying PINO wasn't good (all the more for the price).

My girlfriend works just above Pizza Pinon on CE and she never goes to eat in it...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads