• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice cardigans...?

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
I'm on a bit of a Stay style kick here, so I was wondering if there's any decent cardigans at decent prices. Specifically I'm looking for light grey, chocolate brown, or black. eBay hasn't pulled up anything that worthy, except a brown Lacoste cardigan that has that dreadful alligator embroidery on it. Thanks in advance.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
gap, zara, muji, topman and you should be well away!

DM.ru

Reaction score
Try Paul & Shark ... bought few of their items in Italy last month...very nice. I belive there are few good sellers on Ebay dealing with this line.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
I think I may go with Gap. Thanks for the tip, luk-cha.
smile.gif
There's a very Browne-esque varsity stripe cardigan there that looks really nice.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
welcome! gap stuff is ok and not too pricey

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
expensive! i think esp for used!

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK Cashmere from Banana Republic for $248. Mine's lasted 8 years:

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Urban Outfitters actually has a nice cardigan that is striped. Has 2 colorways, black with thin blue stripes, or navy with white stripes (i think). Actually fits nice. Costs $59.

That ebay link cardigan is nice. The measurements are good for you, it'll have a nice fitted appearance and won't look "Mr Roger-ish"

southgate house

Reaction score
club monaco (thom browne's old haunt) has some nice looking ones right now. also, j. press has some nice looking ones, although they may fit like an, um, sack.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
I guess I should have said this before... I'm not looking to spend all that much over $50. Thanks for the tip, Jason. I'll check out their website, I don't think there's a store near me.

EDIT: Okay, they're striped but I meant the stripes on the sleeve similar to Thom Browne. Thanks anyway, I may have a look at the solid black one.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have two extremely fitted silk/wool cardigans from YSL Rive Gauche circa Slimane.

Apparently none of that sold very well since I got it for a very discounted price from the original, which was quite high, even for today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads