• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NIB Barker Black 11D

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So.. Just out of curiosity - exchanged some Gucci loafers at Saks the other day which broke (don't ask) on me, for some Barker Black full-brogue with skull/bones medallion in a nicely antiqued chestnut. Anyone interested? They cost me approx. 780 after tax, I'll let 'em go for 730 - I don't want to return them as I don't want my SA to lose the commission.. pictures forthcoming if anyone is actually interested.
wink.gif
Selling because I have flat feet that .. well, frankly, annoy the piss out of me and are slightly less accentuated in these shoes, but I'm still not sure I want to keep 'em.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
<nods> I have another pair that I wear when I want to spiff up a bit (I'm not to the point where I own 40 pairs of EG/Lobb yet, so I'm still pretty careful with the more expensive shoes
wink.gif
)..

pkincy

Reaction score
I truly love my Barker Black. Probably my favorite shoe.

But mine (the captoe) is made for a high instep. I can see how it might not work for you.

I wish I wore your size.

I was in SF the last few days and they have about 4 new styles in at Saks. Really great shoes.

Perry

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think I might go with a BIN of 730 on eBay if no one is interested..

seok

Reaction score
these are not my size, but they're gorgeous.

at the same time, i think BIN of 700+ will likely take a few offering rounds before someone lifts them...

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would hope so - these shoes, to my knowledge, have never been on sale - no love? :p

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn, I wish I was your size. I'm so psyched about getting my first pair of Barker Blacks - probably in the next two weeks or so.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since you have not worn them, can they be exchanged for a different size?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
So..

Just out of curiosity - exchanged some Gucci loafers at Saks the other day which broke (don't ask) on me, for some Barker Black full-brogue with skull/bones medallion in a nicely antiqued chestnut.

Anyone interested? They cost me approx. 780 after tax, I'll let 'em go for 730 - I don't want to return them as I don't want my SA to lose the commission.. pictures forthcoming if anyone is actually interested.
wink.gif

Selling because I have flat feet that .. well, frankly, annoy the piss out of me and are slightly less accentuated in these shoes, but I'm still not sure I want to keep 'em.

You're going to lose $80 so your SA doesn't lose their commission? nice guy... heh

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, this SA has done quite a few favors for me - it's worth it, in my eyes. I had to exchange a pair of Gucci loafers twice, once because the dye came off after the second polish (wtf?) and the second because the half-bit on one shoe broke when I was walking. She did both without issue. I've also purchased another pair of shoes from her, JV boots that hurt my feet as soon as I stepped onto a hard surface.. needless to say, I've purchased a couple pairs of loafers and now my second pairs of Barker Blacks from her, and I don't want her to be under the impression that I'm a "frequent returner;" I just happen to have bad luck with fit quite often. I think I'll probably rescind the offer and just keep the shoes though, to be frank.
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads