1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NIB Barker Black 11D

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by kronik, Oct 1, 2006.

1. kronik

kronik Senior member

So.. Just out of curiosity - exchanged some Gucci loafers at Saks the other day which broke (don't ask) on me, for some Barker Black full-brogue with skull/bones medallion in a nicely antiqued chestnut. Anyone interested? They cost me approx. 780 after tax, I'll let 'em go for 730 - I don't want to return them as I don't want my SA to lose the commission.. pictures forthcoming if anyone is actually interested. [​IMG] Selling because I have flat feet that .. well, frankly, annoy the piss out of me and are slightly less accentuated in these shoes, but I'm still not sure I want to keep 'em.

2. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Barker Black shoes are very well made and use real good leather. Their soles are beautiful. If you like the styling, it's a wonderful shoe. Do not equate it with Barker in any way, shape or form.

3. kronik

kronik Senior member

<nods> I have another pair that I wear when I want to spiff up a bit (I'm not to the point where I own 40 pairs of EG/Lobb yet, so I'm still pretty careful with the more expensive shoes [​IMG] )..

4. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

I truly love my Barker Black. Probably my favorite shoe.

But mine (the captoe) is made for a high instep. I can see how it might not work for you.

I wish I wore your size.

I was in SF the last few days and they have about 4 new styles in at Saks. Really great shoes.

Perry

5. kronik

kronik Senior member

6. kronik

kronik Senior member

Think I might go with a BIN of 730 on eBay if no one is interested..

7. seok

seok Senior member

these are not my size, but they're gorgeous.

at the same time, i think BIN of 700+ will likely take a few offering rounds before someone lifts them...

8. kronik

kronik Senior member

I would hope so - these shoes, to my knowledge, have never been on sale - no love? :p

9. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

damn, I wish I was your size. I'm so psyched about getting my first pair of Barker Blacks - probably in the next two weeks or so.

10. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

Since you have not worn them, can they be exchanged for a different size?

11. kronik

kronik Senior member

Yes, I don't see why not?

12. kronik

kronik Senior member

Alright - 700, final offer. [​IMG]

13. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

So..

Just out of curiosity - exchanged some Gucci loafers at Saks the other day which broke (don't ask) on me, for some Barker Black full-brogue with skull/bones medallion in a nicely antiqued chestnut.

Anyone interested? They cost me approx. 780 after tax, I'll let 'em go for 730 - I don't want to return them as I don't want my SA to lose the commission.. pictures forthcoming if anyone is actually interested. [​IMG]

Selling because I have flat feet that .. well, frankly, annoy the piss out of me and are slightly less accentuated in these shoes, but I'm still not sure I want to keep 'em.

You're going to lose $80 so your SA doesn't lose their commission? nice guy... heh

14. kronik

kronik Senior member

Honestly, this SA has done quite a few favors for me - it's worth it, in my eyes. I had to exchange a pair of Gucci loafers twice, once because the dye came off after the second polish (wtf?) and the second because the half-bit on one shoe broke when I was walking. She did both without issue. I've also purchased another pair of shoes from her, JV boots that hurt my feet as soon as I stepped onto a hard surface.. needless to say, I've purchased a couple pairs of loafers and now my second pairs of Barker Blacks from her, and I don't want her to be under the impression that I'm a "frequent returner;" I just happen to have bad luck with fit quite often. I think I'll probably rescind the offer and just keep the shoes though, to be frank. [​IMG]

15. kronik

kronik Senior member

260042736690 - ebay