• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2007

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sonick, what are you talking about man! I think the east and the west stack up pretty evenly against each other.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well from the handful of Eastern games I've seen this season and reading online, I do see that in general, the East is much more offense-oriented whereas the West is more defense-focused. Eastern games seem (from what I've seen) to have more on-the-rush plays and time in the offensive zone, where the West has more forechecking, battling along the boards for pucks, and neutral-zone pressure. Also, I remembered reading that the record for this season of Western teams Vs. East showed the West with a significant number more wins that the East. Wow, Rangers swept the Thrashers. Perhaps a repeat of the '94 Stanley Cup Finals? Except with the Canucks winning, of course
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
As long as they keep winning and I get to collect my Pool winnings, that's cool ...
worship.gif

OMG, a Rangers playoff series sweep? Someone better check the heavens for another nemesis star.

Solid win. Lunquist is good. Shanahan and Jagr are money.

I really hope the Devils don't win, I don't want to face the Sabres.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
W Eastern games seem (from what I've seen) to have more on-the-rush plays and time in the offensive zone, where the West has more forechecking, battling along the boards for pucks, and neutral-zone pressure. Also, I remembered reading that the record for this season of Western teams Vs. East showed the West with a significant number more wins that the East.
I definitely agree with your first point
smile.gif
It's has been my impression that in the West there are a few elite teams (those that are in the playoffs) that really distanced themselves from the other teams in the conferance. Basically, the good teams racked up wins against the less than stellar clubs in the conferance. However, in the East, the teams are much closer in competition to eachother. There were several teams in contention for the eight playoff spot in the last 2-3 weeks of the regular season, unlike the West, where the playoff teams had been pretty much decided. Therefor, teams in the East don't always rack up their wins because they are playing against more even teams. Just my theory I guess, but I think the top teams in both conferances stack up pretty evenly.

adversity04

Reaction score
Eastern games seem (from what I've seen) to have more on-the-rush plays and time in the offensive zone
It depends on the teams that are playing.....I know that everyone I've talked to in the area is praying Tampa beats the Devils just so there isn't a possibility that Buffalo will play them. A series vs. Jersey would be beyond boring because of the heavy trap play and Brodeur's goal tending abilities.

Hoping the curse doesn't hit this year......Go Sabres!

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The flames were a bunch of classless goons near the end of last night's game. Dissapointing to see.

Anyways, I really hope Vancouver can find some offense for the next game. They are making Turco look like he's Luongo or something...

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adversity04
It depends on the teams that are playing.....I know that everyone I've talked to in the area is praying Tampa beats the Devils just so there isn't a possibility that Buffalo will play them. A series vs. Jersey would be beyond boring because of the heavy trap play and Brodeur's goal tending abilities.

Hoping the curse doesn't hit this year......Go Sabres!

Not looking very likely that Tampa is going to beat Jersey.

Go
devil.gif

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kevin
Sabres win 5-2. Let's go Buffalo!

Ack! There goes the neigbourhood ...

adversity04

Reaction score
Sabres win 5-2. Let's go Buffalo!
I'm not sure which felt better, the actual win or it making me forget I go to RIT
tounge.gif

The rangers need to watch their penalties for the rest of the series. Sure, Buffalo has a horrible power play, but given 8 chances we were bound to score. The refs were managing to break things up fairly early, but I can foresee a fight or twenty in the upcoming games. Looking for another Banana Slug win!

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Hmm, the Rangers looked tangled up for most of the game. Buffalo actually didnt look that strong but for their end on end PPs.

I thought Buffalo looked fairly strong, given the type of game they played all season. The end to end runs are where most of their goals are scored, so if you're looking for the Sluggalo's to hold it in the Rangers zone all game you may never be impressed with the team..........but you'll wonder where all of the goals came from.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Henry Boogers
I thought Buffalo looked fairly strong, given the type of game they played all season. The end to end runs are where most of their goals are scored, so if you're looking for the Sluggalo's to hold it in the Rangers zone all game you may never be impressed with the team..........but you'll wonder where all of the goals came from.

Buffalo's a tough team. Rangers played better game 2 but they looked tired on D. Lunqvist was amazing but his defensemen were sloppy.

Zubrus should be out of the playoffs for that cheap move. He's a scrub anyway.

Nylander-Jagr-Hossa = working

Avery-Shanahan-Straka = Not working

adversity04

Reaction score
I don't recall the move that you're talking about, but Zubrus was dominant in the Rangers end for a lot of the night. Definitely a good trade acquisition for us. Lungvist is doing a great job in the nets, can't fault him for any of the goals.

Actually watched the Cannucks/Ducks game last night and Luongo is the only reason Vancouver is even in this series. Anaheim controlled the game for the most part but he's unreal.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What Zubrus cheap move are you referring to? Also, I don't think he's a scrub - He has shown he is a dominant physical player with quite a bit of skill along the boards.

Otherwise, I thought Buffalo played a fairly lousy game, and an especially torrid second period. But Miller made the stops to win the game.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads