• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NHL Playoffs 2008

Hawkeye

Reaction score
So I was watching the Bruins/Habs game 7 last night, and I went into it not expecting much, I figured the Bruins would loose and they did, and I am just happy that they forced game 7 against a team that regularly beats them. I was talking to my brother who has been a big Bruins fan for years at the beginning of the series and he was just hoping for one win against the Canadians, just one. I think this was great that the B's put a little bit of fear into Montreal, and probably a bit more interest into their fans... Hopefully Bergeron will be back on the ice next season and they will start putting something together in the future.

Anyway, I haven't really watched much hockey since the strike, aside from a few drunken Islanders games, and it was really fun to watch, I had forgotten how exciting hockey can be. Hopefully the rest of the playoffs hold my attention.

Kevin

Reaction score
It was a good series; Boston played an especially gutsy game six.

The Flyers and Flames should hopefully wrap things up tonight.

The playoffs are much more watchable on Canadain television, the Versus broadcast team is pretty weak. But, it should still be watchable. I've found most of the playoffs (aside from Pittsburgh's sweep) to be very entertaining.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The CAPS/FLYERS series is bananas. Game 7 going on right now and I've lost my voice heading into the 3rd period...and I'm at home. Hope no one calls the cops on me.

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watched the Flyers clinch while attending a black rebel motorcycle club show.

It was a good night.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by limping_decorum
I watched the Flyers clinch while attending a black rebel motorcycle club show.

It was a good night.

The Flyers are playing insane hockey at the moment. For them to beat the Capitals who came skating into the playoffs on a 13 game winning streak is amazing.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kevin
It was a good series; Boston played an especially gutsy game six.

The Flyers and Flames should hopefully wrap things up tonight.

The playoffs are much more watchable on Canadain television, the Versus broadcast team is pretty weak. But, it should still be watchable. I've found most of the playoffs (aside from Pittsburgh's sweep) to be very entertaining.

That Montreal team is very very good and will be for some time to come.

samblau

Reaction score
Playoff hockey is SO much better than regular season. Rangers actually scored more against the Devils than they did most of the season. I also like Sean Avery but would despise playing against him. The Rags better bring him back. I think they can knock off Pitts.

Kevin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
That Montreal team is very very good and will be for some time to come.

I concur, but I don't think it's their year. Or maybe I still have a soft spot for Briere and Biron.

Next round predictions:

Philly in 7
Detroit in 5
Pittsburgh in 6
San Jose in 5

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Checked out the Caps/Flyers game 7 at the Verizon center--was surprised at how few Flyers fans I saw, but perhaps we were all going incognito.

Maybe it's just the Philadelphian in me, but I have very little confidence going into this next series. Biron has been playing so well, though, we definitely have a chance.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by samblau
Playoff hockey is SO much better than regular season. Rangers actually scored more against the Devils than they did most of the season. I also like Sean Avery but would despise playing against him. The Rags better bring him back. I think they can knock off Pitts.

I wanted that Avery Rule tee but Bettman pulled it after larry brooks of the NY Post squealed about it!

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04242008...irt_107814.htm

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kevin
I concur, but I don't think it's their year. Or maybe I still have a soft spot for Briere and Biron.

Next round predictions:

Philly in 7
Detroit in 5
Pittsburgh in 6
San Jose in 5

Pittsburgh is a young/fast team but they may need a few more seasons to perfect themselves. I hope it's Rangers in 7. Jagr's going to get swamped.

r34skyline

Reaction score
was wondering when someone was gonna start a playoff thread. to me any of the 4 remaining teams in the east could take that conference and it not be a surprise.

detroit is looking pretty strong against the av's; san jose is still my pick to come out of the west.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by r34skyline
was wondering when someone was gonna start a playoff thread. to me any of the 4 remaining teams in the east could take that conference and it not be a surprise. detroit is looking pretty strong against the av's; san jose is still my pick to come out of the west.
Kind of make or break tonight for my Rangers. The seasons for both basketball and hockey are too long and the playoffs coinciding right after March madness is overload. And the officiating calls against the Rangers in both games have been horrendous.

Kevin

Reaction score
Bad news for the blue shirts.

Rangers' Avery Has Lacerated Spleen
By LYNN ZINSER
The Rangers announced Wednesday that forward Sean Avery sustained a lacerated spleen in Tuesday night's game against the Penguins and will be lost for the season. He is expected to make a full recovery.

Avery wastaken to St. Vincent's Hospital after the 5-3 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins at Madison Square Garden on Tuesday and admitted after undergoing tests. The Rangers said he was brought there by team doctors in a car, not by ambulance. Avery's spleen was not removed and the player isn't expected to need surgery, but he likely will be hospitalized for a few days, a team spokesman said, according to the Associated Press.Avery, 28, is one of the team's most physical players and may have sustained the injury on a hit during Tuesday's game.

Avery joined the Rangers at the trading deadline last season and has been a major catalyst for the teams' success. He has made his name as an agitator, becoming a huge pest to the Rangers' opponents, including some particularly vigorous antics against New Jersey goalie Martin Brodeur during the first round of the playoffs.

The Rangers trail the Penguins three games to none in their second round playoff series and are on the brink of elimination. The Rangers have Thursday's Game 4 at the Garden to try to climb back in it, but only two teams in N.H.L. history have overcome that margin.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads