• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NHL 2011-2012 Thread

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

Hilarious. A little early for this, but hilarious none the less.

+1.

I usually ignore most things social media, but I put twitter on my iPhone and follow hockey stuff. The Rangers are really active, both the organization and the players, I usually catch up on things when I take my morning dump. It's a pretty cool thing from a fan's perspective.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I don't get why everyone got all pissy about the LA tweet, it was solid trash talk. Granted, kind of tempting fate a bit by gloating after game 1, but nothing to complain about. Though I'm sure if the Canucks account had done it it would have been decried as "typical of a classless franchise" or some such.

That game was odd because it's hard to know what to take from it. The penalties suggest that nothing should, in that it's very unlikely that there will be another game like that in the series (not to mention I think the differential was something like 27-10). As a result the play was downright discordant. And Mason Raymond was maybe the Canucks' best forward so clearly this was some one-off instance of bizzarro world.

But at the same time, LA clearly looked like the better hockey team from top to bottom. The Kings' defence is supposed to be the shallower bunch, but it was the Canucks' guys who made all the errors. The vaunted checking line, according to Vigneault the best line on the team, got absolutely schooled. The Canucks PP looked awful (though both team's PK's were on point). If you saw that game in a vacuum you'd probably be inclined to pick LA in 4 or 5, regardless of the reffing.

Much as you'd think that if this became a special teams battle the Canucks should win, I find myself hoping for a lot of 5 on 5 play for the next few games to get some flow going in the series.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Yeah that's expected. It's a 4th line guy who hit a guy in the head, perfect opportunity for Shanny to remind everyone he's here. It wasn't a terrible hit though. It more on the back of the shoulder than the usual "from behind", i.e. on the numbers, and the head isn't principal point of contact, but he did hit the head. It'll be a game, or two if Shanny wants to make a statement.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

any "statement" was lost on Weber's $2500 fine.

+1. A multi-game suspension on a 'heat-of-the-moment' headshot for a 4th liner that plays single-digit minutes per game? Yawn.

A multi-game suspension for a team MVP, league all-star defenseman for an intentional slamming of a head into the boards. That's a statement.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol:

After a hard night of partying, Weber helps his pal Zetter keep his hair out of the toilet.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lol:
After a hard night of partying, Weber helps his pal Zetter keep his hair out of the toilet.

The more I think about this, the more its annoying me. The NHL is supposedly taking a hard line to protect players, I don't think I've seen a more deliberate attempt to hurt a guy with a head shot since Bertuzzi on Moore. Thank goodness Zetterberg isn't injured...

Last edited:

Mr. Bananagrabber

Reaction score
Meanwhile the NHL adds to the evidence that the Penguins are the league favorites by coming out and trashing the linesman who called Briere onside during the goal. The league pretty much never comments on officiating other than to say "it is what it is."

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Decent game by the blueshirts tonight. I think they took their foot off the gas (I know they did) in the third and it cost them two goals. Need to be careful not to let up at all...

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice try, holtby. :(

didnt catch much of the nyr/sens game but it seems like it'll be a short series

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I really need to find an area around MSG/Penn station that has a printer. Last minute tickets to the game on stub hub were like $60 for really solid seats.

Thrifter

Reaction score

Decent game by the blueshirts tonight. I think they took their foot off the gas (I know they did) in the third and it cost them two goals. Need to be careful not to let up at all...

I don't think that either team played particularly well. Tort's timeout was perfectly timed though and pretty much won them the game.

There were exciting moments on both sides, and sloppy moments on both sides. We haven't seen the best from the sens or the rangers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads