• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NHL 2011-2012 Thread

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow Philly does it.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't get the Pittsburgh hype. Everyone knows defense wins you titles, and the Pittsburgh backline simply doesn't impress me. Letang is good, real good. Orpik is a liability (penalty on Briere), Martin has underachieved all year and the rest of 'em are basically a group to make up the numbers. They're not balanced at all, very top heavy, If Philly doesn't beat em, who ever gets them next will.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
wow. The Pens came out really strong, and then it seems like they just wore down as the game went on and Philly stepped up.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
briere was offside :stirpot:

and hell yeah nashville :slayer: have to say they are my west bandwagon team. finnish goalies for the win.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
detroit should be more concerned by shea weber's beard achieving singularity and creating an event horizon beyond which there is no human comprehension.

seriously though, what ****? the only thing i saw was weber dumping a guy into the boards near the end of the 2nd. didnt see the very end of the game; shenanigans?

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
last 2 second, Weber and Zetterberg were battling in the corner and Weber took Z's head and slammed it into the boards. Twice.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

last 2 second, Weber and Zetterberg were battling in the corner and Weber took Z's head and slammed it into the boards. Twice.

The punch before was worse imo, I think Zetterberg made a meal of the head into the boards thing, but the punch to the back of Zett's head was wicked.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
first round upsets will be NYR and VAN :nodding:

that sucks, i have always liked shea weber, sad to see someone goon it like that. just watched the replay of that and that just looked really nasty. :( i hope he gets suspended for a game or two just to send a message

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

that sucks, i have always liked shea weber, sad to see someone goon it like that. just watched the replay of that and that just looked really nasty. :( i hope he gets suspended for a game or two just to send a message

The commentators on NHL Network suggested it may not lead to him missing action. They suggested Zetts may have said or done something there, but its kind of fishy that he did it to one of Detroits best players. Same time Datsyuk was looked like he was getting into it...

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i mean, i dont think the play was absolutely horrible and slimy as it was completely blatant. the blindside head hit always comes across as such a dishonest "really? me? oops, didn't mean to" kind of play. this is pretty cut-and-dry; you dont slam people's heads into the boards. suspend him for a game, not having gill/weber assuming gill is still hurt will hurt nashville a lot.

LA kings bringing the lulz:

LA Kings ‏ @LAKings

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

To everyone in Canada outside of BC, you're welcome.

this is a great, trollworthy way to frame the series. i dont really have a vested interest; i like underdogs but i also HATE DARRYL SUTTER and as much as the flames fan in me likes watching the canucks lose i really honestly do hope they make it far to avenge last year's failures. if anything, i would want the canucks to win, but this is too funny. for what its worth, i've never experienced the "everyone else in canada hates the canucks" - if there's a canadian team everyone else hates, its the leafs. this is just social media warfare done right. very classless, but ultimately harmless and is serving to heat up the tensions. guaranteed if VAN wins the series, there will be a deluge of parody tweets sent back. playoffs. yum.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't think the hit by Bitz was that bad.

:hide:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads