1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NHL 2011-2012 Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by NewYorkIslander, Aug 1, 2011.

1. gort

gort Senior member

Crosby is such a brat.

2. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Penguin defense living up to their reputation

3. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

uhh, +1

4. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

why were Letang and Timmonen ejected? For T, I'm guessing it's because his jersey wasn't tied down (aka, the stupidest thing you can do to ensure ejection should things become rough), but I'm not sure about Letang.

5. jarude

jarude Senior member

for starting a fight while a fight was already going on, i think. letang ROCKED timmonen.

he got a minor for slashing, which offset legwand's holding call. about as blatant a spear as you can get.

and i agree with you regarding the violence issue. all kinds of crap like asham crosschecking schenn in the throat and then suckerpunching him when he was down. like you said, i honestly dont think anything is going to change until somebody dies or gets paralyzed or something equally terrible.

there has to be a reffing and supplementary discipline crackdown across the board. asham shouldn't play another game until october.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  6. NewYorkIslander

So just a one game suspension? :D

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

hahaha, well played. i really can't see the pens coming back in this series. WTF took so long for johnson to get in net? he should've been in after the 3rd goal, beginning of the 2nd period at the latest.

8. NewYorkIslander

What a fucking joke...Adams pulling hair, Neil running guys twice on one shift (clearly attempt to injure, as one was leaving his feet without the puck, the other was high) Hartnell (whom I really like) respnding like an idiot, and even Crosby was trying not to laugh when they played the Hulk Hogan snippet...its not the NHL, its fucking Slapshot.

9. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

How many teams have come back from being down 3-0? like 3? It's not going to happen.

10. orchestrion

orchestrion Active Member

Way too much goonery on the ice just now. This season is getting especially nasty. Let's hope the Rangers can turn it around tomorrow night!

11. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

:laugh:

I actually really like the Flyers. They play really tough, but not dirty like the Bruins or cheap like the Pens. Lots of respect for them even though Rangers fans are supposed to hate them (and hate everybody for that matter).

12. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Senior member

i wish philly could stop more goals.

13. NewYorkIslander

+1. Respect. I think they play a lot like the Rangers, They may have more skill, but between the pipes you'll see the difference between the two teams.

14. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior member

3 games for Hagland. Sounds about right to me considering there's no suspension history for the player in question. I would have guessed two games, but it's clear that Shanaban has no compass anymore.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  15. NewYorkIslander

Unbelievable. Maybe its my blue blood, but Weber gets nothing and Hagelin, with NO history of this, get THREE playoff games?

16. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior member

Yea Shanny is all over the place. No consistency anywhere in the league (wearing stripes or sitting in the front office). No one knows what the rules are anymore.

17. jarude

jarude Senior member

weber hit was BY a star player, hagelin hit was ON a star player. :nodding:

18. orchestrion

orchestrion Active Member

I'll withhold my judgment until we see what Carkner and the Penguins crew get. I've got to say that I'm a little bit surprised that Hags got three.

19. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

total bullshit

20. gort

gort Senior member