1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NHL 2011-2012 Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by NewYorkIslander, Aug 1, 2011.

1. jarude

jarude Senior member

herp derp puck in my glove better drop it in my crease for maxpac derp derp derp oh look, 15 million dollars, i feel better now.

2. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

WTF! Flyers are painful! He better wake the hell up soon, or the fans will crucify him :censored:

3. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

People were riding his nuts so hard in my fantasy draft. TBH I'm not sure how he produced like he did in PHO. Never seen him as the elite player he gets billed as so often.

4. jarude

jarude Senior member

he once put up back to back playoff shutouts in anaheim as a backup. his reputation really stemmed from that, solid performance in phx behind a defensive system solidified it and he's never been placed in a vacuum (ie philly w/o pronger) to prove his worth before.

i never thought he was hot stuff, especially when he came out with his "im not playing in winnipeg if the coyotes move" thing. then you hear him get pimped as the best UFA, dumb organization with goaltending issues trades for his rights, then bryz laughs all the way to the bank.

that being said, even without bryzgalov, philly did well to get schenn + voracek + couturier + simmonds. was couturier a draft pick part of the richards/carter deals?

5. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

yep

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  6. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Wow. All the Canadian teams are just... BAD right now. Okay, the Leafs are playing decently, but no one's buying that.

Related note, Tim Connolly is supposed to return tonight. Over / under on how long he lasts?

7. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Fuck my life in re: pool. Jets and Flyers are playing it's somehow 9-8 Jets. 17 goals. I have Ladd and Giroux. 2 points between them. SERIOUSLY!? Even Blake fucking Wheeler has 3 points.

8. Mr. Bananagrabber

Mr. Bananagrabber Senior member

What the hell was up with that Flyers Thrashers game? No one felt like playing defense or stopping the puck?

9. jarude

jarude Senior member

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  10. Mr. Bananagrabber

Mr. Bananagrabber Senior member

Caps finally lost. Too much to ask for them to go undefeated for the regular season. The Oilers have some really good young players, but the Caps absolutely dominated that game 5 on 5. Shame so much of the game was played with a man advantage. Some lame calls and non-calls both ways.

11. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

12. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

9 goals in 25 shots. :facepalm:

13. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Yup. Oilers definitely didn't deserve to win that one. I loved the penalty where the dude threw the puck. I mean, how fucking stupid are you? It looked like he was playing horseshoes.

14. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

15. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

I had the TSN broadcast on, and I couldn't stand the broadcasters hyping up RN-H at what seemed like every possible moment. Really annoying.

16. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

17. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

If anyone is deserving of hype right now it's him. No one thought he was NHL ready so I think most of the buzz is a function of him proving everyone wrong.

18. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Gee thanks Oilers Homer. No, for everyone who isn't an Oil fan it's unbelievably annoying. TSN are pretty terrible but not as bad as Mark Lee and the CBC guys.

19. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

What else are they supposed to talk about when the Oilers are playing? They don't really have any other major storylines...I could see your point if they were filling up sportscentre with RNH talk but to complain about the hype while he's playing is just odd.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  20. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Tck: that video is :slayer::slayer::slayer: