1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NHL 2010-2011 Season

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by ryoneo, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    This would've made more sense as part of a the earlier Wild/SJ deal making the whole thing a package.

That couldn't have happened as Heatley had until 1 July to make his list of 10 teams he would not accept a trade to. He did that Friday.

I am excited for Dany to play in St. Paul. I think he stands a much better chance of success there than Havlat, who proved to be rather moody and distracted.

2. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Senior member

That couldn't have happened as Heatley had until 1 July to make his list of 10 teams he would not accept a trade to. He did that Friday.

I am excited for Dany to play in St. Paul. I think he stands a much better chance of success there than Havlat, who proved to be rather moody and distracted.

We are talking about the same Dany Heatley, right?[​IMG]

3. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Heatley seems genuinely pleased to be in Minnesota, something Havlat never showed.

4. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

You mean his agent drafted a typical "X city has great fans, I'm excited to join X team and help them win" statement and he read it?

5. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Senior member

Kaberle is signed by the Hurricanes. I think that was in the best interest of everyone. He was unfairly savaged by the Boston media and fans but they expected way too much out of him.

6. Chris Waffles

Chris Waffles Senior member

Heatley seems genuinely pleased to be in Minnesota, something Havlat never showed.

In Havlat's defense....is there ever any reason to be pleased to be in Minnesota?

7. Chris Waffles

Chris Waffles Senior member

When Havlat is healthy (which is unfortunately quite rare) their recent production has been similar but Heatley certainly it more of a pure sniper. I think it comes down to playoff production and what type of guy each is in a locker room. Heatley has been followed by rumors his entire career that his difficult to play with and taciturn.
    He's fallen a long way from his run with the Senators in 2007--he actually played well for most of the playoffs that year, even if his team didn't have anything to show for it.

8. gort

gort Senior member

Saw Jeff Halpern last night at the rink in Ashburn, VA getting some private skating lessons before my beer league game. [​IMG]

9. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member