1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Playoffs

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by drizzt3117, Dec 27, 2004.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

A NFL personnel director said that given 2 weeks, Bill Belichick could beat Genghis Khan and the Mongol Hordes...

2. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Yes, Belichick is a great coach, but I'd still take Jimmy Johnson's early 90s Cowboys (the version with Jay Novacek, Alvin Harper, and Deion) over Belichick's Pats in a hypothetical matchup.

Would be a great game, though.

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

First of all, those cowboys were not in the salary cap era, if Belichick didn't have that restriction, he could field a better team, also, while the Cowboys were better on paper, I'd take the pats any day on the field.

4. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I am thouroughly convinced that Belichick is the smartest man to ever coach professional football. Hell, he may be the smartest man alive. If they win another superbowl, and I were George W. Bush, I'd put the man in charge of the war.

5. uriahheep

uriahheep Senior member

I'm hesitant to call any coach a genius.

Super bowl champions by year / head coach

2005 TBD
    2004 Patriots/Belichick
    2003 Buccaneers/Gruden
    2002 Patriots/Belichick
    2001 Ravens/Billick
    2000 Rams/Vermeil
    1999 Broncos/Shanahan
    1998 Broncos/Shanahan
    1997 Packers/Holmgren
    1996 Cowboys/Switzer
    1995 49ers/Seifert
    1994 Cowboys/Johnson
    1993 Cowboys/Johnson
    1992 Redskins/Gibbs
    1991 Giants/Parcells
    1990 49ers/Seifert
    1989 49ers/Walsh
    1988 Giants/Parcells
    1987 Redskins/Gibbs
    1986 Bears/Ditka
    1985 49ers/Walsh
    1984 Raiders/Flores
    1983 Redskins/Gibbs
    1982 49ers/Walsh

Gruden's Buccaneers won a Super Bowl in his first season in Tampa Bay, but the Buccaneers have missed the playoffs the past two seasons.
    Belichick didn't fare that well in Cleveland.
    Billick's teams have made it to the playoffs two of four seasons after the Ravens' Super Bowl win.
    Vermeil's Chiefs are amazing offensively but have made it to the playoffs in only one of his four seasons in Kansas City. Shanahan's Broncos have not won a single playoff game since the 1999 Super Bowl.
    Mike Holmgren's Seahawks have made it to the playoffs in three of his six seasons in Seattle, but not gone anywhere in the playoffs.
    Barry Switzer...
    Jimmy Johnson's Dolphins made it to the playoffs in three of the four seasons under him, with a record of 2-3 in those playoff games.
    George Seifert didn't do much with the Carolina Panthers.
    Parcells - made a number of teams successful. He took the Patriots to the 1997 Super Bowl and the Jets to the AFC Championship Game in 1999.
    Tom Flores - coached the Raiders to two playoff appearances after their Super Bowl win. After that his teams(including the Seahawks for three seasons) went five seasons without a winning record.
    Gibbs - too early to tell.
    Walsh - After leaving his position as head coach of the 49ers after the 1989 Super Bowl, he coached Stanford from 1992-1994 with decent results.

6. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I think anyone can tell you that Belichick is not the same coach he was in Cleveland (except for Tom Jackson) I haven't ever seen a coach do more with less than Belichick this season. He was playing WIDE RECEIVERS in the defensive backfield and they were stars... nuff said.

7. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I predict that the Seahawks will win the Superbowl

eventually.