• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL Midseason Predictions

esquire.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dz,

Looking at all the struggles that Parcells is having with the Cowboys this year, how much of Parcell's success do you think Billichick deserves. Is it like situation with Bobby Bowden, who lost his assistant coach to Georgia. And, now, Bowden's team is on the decline while Georgia is on the rise.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the situations are a bit different, many of Parcells problems with the Cowboys have to do with the fact that his team just isn't very good talent-wise, the cupboard is a bit bare in Dallas after years of poor talent evaluation. I think with Carter starting this year they would be a bit better, Belichick is certainly a great coach, perhaps one of the best ever though, but I think Pioli should deserve quite a bit of credit for NE's success, along with Weis and Crenell.

Richt has done quite well at Georgia, but much of FSU's issues have to do with the resurgence of Miami and their conference realignment, and also because of some issues with players, like Adrian McPherson, NCAA Football is really cyclical too.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Indy had the Pats "beat" during the 2003 season as well, and couldn't score on four tries from 1st and goal on the 1 yard line... they also had them "beat" during the 2003 conference championship game, except Peyton threw 4 INTs... they also had them "beat" in the 2001 Super Bowl season as well, but somehow lost... Their record in the conference championship game (in the years that they have made it there) have been every bit as bad as Philly's... I think they won't make it past Pittsburgh though, the way it looks like it will play out.
The point is that NE hasn't blown Indy out the last few times they have met.  Just like the Bulls had to get past the Pistons and the Red Sox had to get past the Yankees, the Colts will have to get past the Patriots.  I think it's a matter of when, not if.  The Colts have a sense of urgency this year, as Edge and Harrison are, I believe, free agents after this year and it is unlikely that the Colts will be able to keep both.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last year's championship game was out of reach by the second half... Peyton threw a TD in garbage time to get it close, but it was like 24-3 or something at the half.

esquire.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If so, it would be hard to jettison off Brees. You could always make him the franchise player, and keep one for a year. Next year, Rivers would only count 3M against the cap, and that would be bearable.
Yep, the Chargers are keeping Brees for another year. They just slapped the franchise tag on him, although it was an nonexclusive tag which means that Brees can still shop for another team. However, it would cost said team 2 first round draft picks and the Chargers could still match that offer and keep Brees. The Chargers were 21M under tha cap, and Brees cost them 8M and Rivers cost them 3M.

And, the year after that, the Chargers could slap the franchise tag on Brees again. The Chargers are trying to pass a stadium deal in 2006, and if Brees gives them the best chance of winning, they might decide to keep Brees. There's still a lot of resentment and bitterness over the last stadium deal the Chargers got, which passed after their fluke Super Bowl performance.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think Brees or Rivers will be traded, for probably less than 2 #1s, maybe a #1 pick and another player. Doubtful someone will pay 2 #1s for Brees, and NO WAY the Chargers would match if someone did.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads