• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL Midseason Predictions

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would rank the playoff teams in the NFL like this looking forward: AFC: 1. AFC East NE 14-2 2. AFC North Pitt 13-3 3. AFC West Denver 12-4 4. AFC South Indy 11-5 5. Wild Card San Diego 11-5 6. Wild Card New York 10-6 NFC: 1. NFC East Eagles 13-3 2. NFC Central Minnesota 11-5 3. NFC South Atlanta 10-6 4. NFC West Seattle 10-6 5. Wild Card Green Bay 10-6 6. Wild Card St Louis 9-7 Playoffs: 1st round: St Louis over Atlanta Green Bay over Seattle (GB takes the ball, and scores
smile.gif
Denver over Jets Chargers over Indy 2nd round: Eagles over Rams Packers over Vikings Pats over Chargers Steelers over Denver 3rd round: Packers over Eagles (it's the championship game, what do you think is going to happen?) Pats over Steelers (in foxboro) Superbowl: Pats over Packers (Rematch of XXXI) MVP: Peyton Manning FWIW Defensive Player of the Year: Ray Lewis Rookie of the Year: duh, BR

esquire.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dz,

What did your total W-L for NFL predictions finally end up?

I would pick Atlanta over St. Louis. Mike Martz is the stupidest genius I've ever seen coach. And, I just think the Rams just aren't an elite team anymore.

And, I'd go with Indy over the Chargers. The Chargers are riding a hot streak, but I don't see them winning a game in the playoffs. Its funny that they have to now choose between Brees or Rivers.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They made their choice between Brees and Rivers when they signed Rivers to a $35M contract. Brees will be the hottest free agent next spring. Green Bay desperately wants to sign Brees, and may even try to do a sign/trade.

I don't believe in Vick and I think the Falcons defense is overrated and will give up some serious points when they play real teams. The Rams aren't good but they have some serious weapons and can beat any team at any time if they get hot.

alaaro

Reaction score
I know one thing. My boys, the Redskins, will continue to suck. But I will remain faithful, as hard as it is.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They made their choice between Brees and Rivers when they signed Rivers to a $35M contract.  Brees will be the hottest free agent next spring.  Green Bay desperately wants to sign Brees, and may even try to do a sign/trade.

I don't believe in Vick and I think the Falcons defense is overrated and will give up some serious points when they play real teams.  The Rams aren't good but they have some serious weapons and can beat any team at any time if they get hot.
Hey I could not agree more, I am a Falcons fan, and talking of serious points, lest us not forget the Kansas City game, I hink Vick is overrated, though he is fast and getting better, the Falcons are still in the infancy of what a good mature team can be, Mora has a great strategic way of coaching, and if he stays and continues to build the team, Vick may as well mature into a top rated quarterback, but he is still young and growing...but don't count them out totally, they seem to have incredible luck, remeber when they went to the Bowl after beating a Minnesota team that was truly a better team on the field as well as off.

TheRookie

Reaction score
Ray Lewis isn't even the best defensive player on his own team this year (Ed Reed).

Green Bay may find itself in a bidding war with Washington for Brees - at least Green Bay likely has Favre for another year or two - Washington is screwed until they get a serviceable QB.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Washington is in serious salary cap trouble right now, I doubt they will be able to match GB's bid for them, I don't think Favre will stay around past 2005 (which his contract is up) and GB will have lots of money to sign him as they let McKenzie go for just this reason.

Reed is a good player, but IMO DFPOY will almost always go to a lineman/linebacker, if only for the gaudy tackles figure.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmm, I am beginning to think Indy may beat SD when they meet in the playoffs, but not sure though, as Indy will put up points in bunches and I don't think they will be stopped, but SD may score just as many and have a better D.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Updated projections:

AFC:
1. AFC East NE 15-1
2. AFC North Pitt 13-3
3. AFC South Indy 12-4
4. AFC West San Diego 11-5
5. Wild Card Denver 11-5
6. Wild Card Baltimore 10-6

NFC:
1. NFC East Eagles 13-3
2. NFC Central Green Bay 11-5
3. NFC South Atlanta 11-5
4. NFC West Seattle 10-6
5. Wild Card Minnesota 9-7
6. Wild Card St Louis 8-8

esquire.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really shocked, to say the least, about how good SD is this year. There's no way you completely rebuild your O line with 5 new players, and do this well. They might even win a playoff game. If so, it would be hard to jettison off Brees. You could always make him the franchise player, and keep one for a year. Next year, Rivers would only count 3M against the cap, and that would be bearable.

As for Pittsburg vs. NE, it all depends who's got home field advantage. Right now, they've got the same record.

If its in NE, then NE wins. If its in Pitt, then Pitt will win.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think NE will win regardless of where it is when they have Poole, Law, and Dillon at full strength after a first round bye.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watch out for Indy.  Their defense is terrible, but it may not matter.  The Indy O reminds me of the Dallas Cowboys circa early '90s, only with more weapons.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watch out for Indy.  Their defense is terrible, but it may not matter.  The Indy O reminds me of the Dallas Cowboys circa early '90s, only with more weapons.
Or a bit like Vermeil's Super Bowl winner in St. Louis. Poor defense but the offense just outscored everyone so it didn't matter. Don't forget indy had the Patriots beat, dead to rights, in Game 1 this year. But Edge fumbled on the goalline and Vandergat (SP?) shanked a field goal attempt.

Their loss to KC was a fluke, but did expose their main weakness -- stopping the run.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Indy had the Pats "beat" during the 2003 season as well, and couldn't score on four tries from 1st and goal on the 1 yard line... they also had them "beat" during the 2003 conference championship game, except Peyton threw 4 INTs... they also had them "beat" in the 2001 Super Bowl season as well, but somehow lost... Their record in the conference championship game (in the years that they have made it there) have been every bit as bad as Philly's... I think they won't make it past Pittsburgh though, the way it looks like it will play out.

Here's my prediction for the playoffs:

1st seed Pats
2nd seed Steelers
3rd seed Colts
4th seed San Diego
5th seed Denver
6th seed Jets

Wild card Round:

SD over Denver
Colts over Jets

Divisional Round:

Pats over Chargers (close one)
Steelers over Colts

Conference Championship:

Pats over Steelers (at Foxboro)

NFC:

1st seed Eagles
2nd seed Falcons
3rd seed Packers
4th seed Seahawks
5th seed Vikings
6th seed Rams

Wild Card Round:

Packers over Rams
Vikings over Seahawks

Divisional Round:

Packers over Falcons
Eagles over Vikings

Conference Championship:

Packers over Eagles

Super Bowl:

Pats over Packers.

Super Bowl:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads