• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2017-18 Thread

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bears are cutting Jay Cutler. He should land someplace pretty soon.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Cutler's landing spot will depend on what his contract and role demands are.

He's got the arm talent, it's the talent between the ears that's in question. I wouldn't bring him in to be my starter.

How bad does Cleveland look? Passed on Wentz, Had a horrible season, looking like they're going to skip on a QB this year, or if they get one, will be a developmental guy who won't be starting until end of this year or next year.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not surprised Cutler finally got the ax. Eight years was more than enough time for the Bears to decide to move on. Cutler is basically a mediocre starter (not elite and won't will you to win games that otherwise aren't going your way, but a good step above the utter **** one can end up with) and the Bears weren't going to go anywhere with him under center once their defense got old and fell off a cliff. GM and coaching issues have hurt Chicago, so it's not all Cutler's fault, but I think this goes to show that you need an elite QB or a top defense to contend in this league. Not sure if this helps the Bears in the near-term, but a long-term reboot is probably needed. Lots of holes to fix on that team.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a fan of the NFL, I hope Smoking Jay Cutler gets a chance to start again. Hopefully not the Texans.

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is so satisfying to watch the assclowns in Washington continue their tradition of dysfunction.

Last edited:

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN is reporting that Houston is only getting a 2017 fourth-round pick from Cleveland in exchange for Osweiler, a 2017 sixth-round pick, and a 2018 second-round pick. Looks like they wanted to get rid of him bad to chase after Tony Romo.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Especially when next year's QB class is LOADED.
Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold, Jake Browning, Josh Allen, Luke Falk, Mason Rudolph should all go in the first round. Darnold/Rosen/Allen probably 1/2/3

MichaelCee

Reaction score
Next year's class looks good in June 2017, but what the QB draft class looks like in May 2018 is anyone's guess. Injuries happen, performance falls off, & off the field events can turn this year's "can't miss" to next year's "not on my team".

MichaelCee

Reaction score
So true, Mr. Leach, so true... How does their coach still have a job; he hasn't won a playoff game in a decade or more.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super cheap owner is how he still has a job.

Last edited:

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bears were in a tough spot PR wise. Fans hated cutler, everyone else in NFC North has a decent QB. If you have a first round grade on Trubisky, you've got to look at doing the move. You have to trust your board.

After that King's Ransom as a draft pick, you have to wonder what Trubisky could have asked for contractually under the old system.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads