• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2017-18 Thread

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today is probably the most excited I've been for a superb owl. Partly cuz I'm about to check out the festivities at the stadium in a minute and partly because I just dont know how much longer the Pat's can maintain this level of success and it seems like a victory over the team that started the dynasty is a poetic way to begin the end.

Anyway... a few thoughts. The consistent way to beat Brady is with interior pressure. Gronkowski has been basically a pre Tony Gonzalez tight end and an excellent run and pass blocker. Dante scarnecchia is easily best ol coach ever and this post season is only getting his due. BUT.... Donald and Suh are pure pass rushers they are are interior guys so even though Gronkowski helps out the offensive tackles to focus on interior assignments but not that much. Bradys release this year is quicker than ever which might be enough to counteract the speed and pressure of Donald and suh but I'm not sure. The secondary for the rams is not that impressive and Brady is still an excellent deep thrower but he just doesnt have the weapons to exploit that mismatch. However theres a lot of personnel who can protect Edelman the best so, again, theres plenty of keys for the rams to win that side of the game.

Is Gurley healthy? Because belichick is all about neutralizing the best aspect of a team. But the way the rams line up bunches of receivers on the line maybe as a key to their philosophy on offense means if Gurley is healthy watch out. The Patriots are great at jamming receivers right at the line but if Gurley is ready to go you cant commit the same type of personnel.

I think mcveigh's love of disguising plays doesnt work with bill or tom but the sheer ingenuity of what he does may prove troubling. If the Patriots repeat their opening drives from chargers and chiefs that may eat up enough time to prevent the rams having the time to do what they like to do on offense.

Tldr post: the rams have more and more better players.

If the rams win Donald is the mvp mark my words

I think three points is the difference.

The rams should win, they have the most paths to victory.

Do I think they will? Gronks gonna retire at the end of the game hes going to lay it all out. Brady probably loves getting to break down this defense and that's his biggest strength...I dunno I cant really pick the rams. 2.5 point spread is scaring me from any betting.... Patriots win a typical Patriots superb owl.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today is probably the most excited I've been for a superb owl. Partly cuz I'm about to check out the festivities at the stadium in a minute and partly because I just dont know how much longer the Pat's can maintain this level of success and it seems like a victory over the team that started the dynasty is a poetic way to begin the end.

Anyway... a few thoughts. The consistent way to beat Brady is with interior pressure. Gronkowski has been basically a pre Tony Gonzalez tight end and an excellent run and pass blocker. Dante scarnecchia is easily best ol coach ever and this post season is only getting his due. BUT.... Donald and Suh are pure pass rushers they are are interior guys so even though Gronkowski helps out the offensive tackles to focus on interior assignments but not that much. Bradys release this year is quicker than ever which might be enough to counteract the speed and pressure of Donald and suh but I'm not sure. The secondary for the rams is not that impressive and Brady is still an excellent deep thrower but he just doesnt have the weapons to exploit that mismatch. However theres a lot of personnel who can protect Edelman the best so, again, theres plenty of keys for the rams to win that side of the game.

Is Gurley healthy? Because belichick is all about neutralizing the best aspect of a team. But the way the rams line up bunches of receivers on the line maybe as a key to their philosophy on offense means if Gurley is healthy watch out. The Patriots are great at jamming receivers right at the line but if Gurley is ready to go you cant commit the same type of personnel.

I think mcveigh's love of disguising plays doesnt work with bill or tom but the sheer ingenuity of what he does may prove troubling. If the Patriots repeat their opening drives from chargers and chiefs that may eat up enough time to prevent the rams having the time to do what they like to do on offense.

Tldr post: the rams have more and more better players.

If the rams win Donald is the mvp mark my words

I think three points is the difference.

The rams should win, they have the most paths to victory.

Do I think they will? Gronks gonna retire at the end of the game hes going to lay it all out. Brady probably loves getting to break down this defense and that's his biggest strength...I dunno I cant really pick the rams. 2.5 point spread is scaring me from any betting.... Patriots win a typical Patriots superb owl.

Any pictures of the superb owl? Would love to see one up close.

Also, Brady is a fancy dog and his wife wears the pants in thay family (she could wear the pants in my family any time she wants).

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any pictures of the superb owl? Would love to see one up close.

Also, Brady is a fancy dog and his wife wears the pants in thay family (she could wear the pants in my family any time she wants).

owl_southern_white_faced.jpg

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today is probably the most excited I've been for a superb owl. Partly cuz I'm about to check out the festivities at the stadium in a minute

You aren't going to the game...right? Just heading down by the stadium to take it all in?

I agree with how the buzz is in your home city for the Super Bowl.

A few years ago when the game was at MetLife Stadium in NJ, they had Super Bowl Boulevard down in Times Sq(NYC.) I hours in the TS area just taking it all in. It was freezing that day but I didn't care. Great time.

I still have this in my study:

IMG_1943.JPG

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You aren't going to the game...right? Just heading down by the stadium to take it all in?

I agree with how the buzz is in your home city for the Super Bowl.

A few years ago when the game was at MetLife Stadium in NJ, they had Super Bowl Boulevard down in Times Sq(NYC.) I hours in the TS area just taking it all in. It was freezing that day but I didn't care. Great time.

I still have this in my study:

View attachment 1119179
Just partaking in the free stuff. It's so designed for corporate bigwigs and tv its a tough sell for me. Unless I had free tickets.

I'm at the set for nfl live. I'm to theft of Hasselbeck in the back. I'll wave a newspaper so you can find me.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There were at least 30 rival preachers. The first one told me "satan wants you to drink that jack Daniels that miller lite" but nothing about gin so I'm ok.

I posted a good breakdown of what may happen tonight but im Changing that. La had no hotties. Ne tons of em.

Rex got booed hard at the set and randy moss got a lotta love.

Swedish tv filmed a bit for the SB too. Its absurd that the sb is so big countries that at best nominally follow football will dedicate coverage to it.

Some of these dudes had to be trolling.
20190203_133845.jpg

20190203_133845.jpg
20190203_124757.jpg
20190203_133845.jpg
20190203_124757.jpg
20190203_124720.jpg
20190203_130743.jpg
20190203_125537.jpg
20190203_132148.jpg
20190203_133334.jpg
20190203_131945.jpg
20190203_131940.jpg

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were at least 30 rival preachers. The first one told me "satan wants you to drink that jack Daniels that miller lite" but nothing about gin so I'm ok.

I posted a good breakdown of what may happen tonight but im Changing that. La had no hotties. Ne tons of em.

Swedish tv filmed a bit for the SB too. Its absurd that the sb is so big countries that at best nominally follow football will dedicate coverage to it.

Some of these dudes had to be trolling. View attachment 1119259
View attachment 1119259 View attachment 1119260 View attachment 1119259 View attachment 1119260 View attachment 1119261 View attachment 1119262 View attachment 1119263 View attachment 1119264 View attachment 1119265 View attachment 1119267 View attachment 1119266

The circumcision dude painted his crotch red. I guess he thought the sign might not be sufficient to explain the situation.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice pics Ed.
I see you made a cameo appearance in one of them!

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some of these dudes had to be trolling. View attachment 1119259
View attachment 1119259 View attachment 1119260 View attachment 1119259 View attachment 1119260 View attachment 1119261 View attachment 1119262 View attachment 1119263 View attachment 1119264 View attachment 1119265 View attachment 1119267 View attachment 1119266

circumcision harms!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are gonna milk the next 30!

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That new fast and furious movie sure looks like the franchise is jumping the sharknado.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads