1. MEGA EASTER EGG HUNT has started now! There will be $50, $100 eggs and a Golden Egg with a pair of St. Crispin's brown oxford shoes from Skoaktiebolaget inside!
  2. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

NFL 2017-18 Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by ter1413, Mar 9, 2017.

1. ter1413

ter1413 Stylish Dinosaur

Bears are cutting Jay Cutler. He should land someplace pretty soon.

2. countdemoney

countdemoney Distinguished Member

I think Cutler's landing spot will depend on what his contract and role demands are.

He's got the arm talent, it's the talent between the ears that's in question. I wouldn't bring him in to be my starter.

How bad does Cleveland look? Passed on Wentz, Had a horrible season, looking like they're going to skip on a QB this year, or if they get one, will be a developmental guy who won't be starting until end of this year or next year.

3. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Distinguished Member

Not surprised Cutler finally got the ax. Eight years was more than enough time for the Bears to decide to move on. Cutler is basically a mediocre starter (not elite and won't will you to win games that otherwise aren't going your way, but a good step above the utter shit one can end up with) and the Bears weren't going to go anywhere with him under center once their defense got old and fell off a cliff. GM and coaching issues have hurt Chicago, so it's not all Cutler's fault, but I think this goes to show that you need an elite QB or a top defense to contend in this league. Not sure if this helps the Bears in the near-term, but a long-term reboot is probably needed. Lots of holes to fix on that team.

4. countdemoney

As a packers fan, I will miss cutler.

5. thatboyo

thatboyo Senior Member

Osweiler to Cleveland

6. Texasmade

Texasmade Distinguished Member

As a fan of the NFL, I hope Smoking Jay Cutler gets a chance to start again. Hopefully not the Texans.

7. Texasmade

Holy shit!

I can't believe the Browns picked him up. Texans basically robbed the Browns.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017

8. cross22

cross22 Distinguished Member

It is so satisfying to watch the assclowns in Washington continue their tradition of dysfunction.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017

9. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Stylish Dinosaur

ESPN is reporting that Houston is only getting a 2017 fourth-round pick from Cleveland in exchange for Osweiler, a 2017 sixth-round pick, and a 2018 second-round pick. Looks like they wanted to get rid of him bad to chase after Tony Romo.

10. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Stylish Dinosaur

Especially when next year's QB class is LOADED.
    Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold, Jake Browning, Josh Allen, Luke Falk, Mason Rudolph should all go in the first round. Darnold/Rosen/Allen probably 1/2/3

11. MichaelCee

MichaelCee Active Member

Next year's class looks good in June 2017, but what the QB draft class looks like in May 2018 is anyone's guess. Injuries happen, performance falls off, & off the field events can turn this year's "can't miss" to next year's "not on my team".

12. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Distinguished Member

Not if you're the Bengals...

13. MichaelCee

MichaelCee Active Member

So true, Mr. Leach, so true... How does their coach still have a job; he hasn't won a playoff game in a decade or more.

14. Texasmade

Super cheap owner is how he still has a job.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017

15. countdemoney

Bears were in a tough spot PR wise. Fans hated cutler, everyone else in NFC North has a decent QB. If you have a first round grade on Trubisky, you've got to look at doing the move. You have to trust your board.

After that King's Ransom as a draft pick, you have to wonder what Trubisky could have asked for contractually under the old system.