• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2016-17 Thread

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pats would have recovered that onside kick :slayer:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Now Denver needs to rely on a Patriots loss. Scoring only 20 at home against a horrible defense is incredibly bad. This loss is on the Denver offense.

agree with all. though i would add that giving up 27 to SD at home is equally as egregious.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I actually agree with John Madden on this one. If RG3 is healthy he should be starting. If he was good enough to start injured at the beginning of the year he's good enough to start now.

This is just bad all the way around.

What are you smoking? At the beginning of a season there are a realm of possibilities. At this stage at 3-10, what's the point? PArticularly when he's been sacked 24/25 times in the past 3 games. Everytime he's crushed I'm half expecting him not to get back up again. He needs a break so he can actually properly train for next year.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What are you smoking? At the beginning of a season there are a realm of possibilities. At this stage at 3-10, what's the point? PArticularly when he's been sacked 24/25 times in the past 3 games. Everytime he's crushed I'm half expecting him not to get back up again. He needs a break so he can actually properly train for next year.

Lots of NFL QB's have taken beatings their first few years. Troy Aikman being but one famous example.

The point is that people pay to see competitive football played at a high level. You rob those people when you don't play a player who 1. Can play and 2. Is better than the guy behind him.

And don't forget all those teams who in the playoff hunt who will be impacted by rg3 sitting, you are screwing them as well. This is the equivalent of picking up your ball and going home. Shanahan & Snyder = no class.

There's no way to look at this that is at all favorable for Shanny and friends.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think its more a matter of the game being so violent and so physical that you are doing every player on your team a huge disservice when you don't do everything possible to maximize your advantages. Also, what does it say to every other player that RGIII is too good to continue to play out the season but the rest of the mooks, the linemen the receivers getting lit up over the middle, those guys can risk season or career ending injury for the next three weeks.

The only way RGIII should not be playing is if he is straight up hurt or if the coaching staff thinks KC could give them a better chance to win.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it's a bad precedent. I realize they already do this in basketball when you're already in the playoffs or tanking, but in football it's always been if you can play - you play. all QB's on bad teams get pounded. again, different story if it's for health or performance reasons

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree with Shanahan's decision to shut down RG3 for the rest of the season. The Redskins are out of the playoff hunt, and continuing to start RG3 serves no purpose other than to satisfy his ego, which needs to be put in check anyways. In some ways, his wildly successful rookie season was the worst thing that could have happened to him, because it made him believe that he could step on to the field without any offseason work and one year removed from a college offense that bore no resemblance to a pro-style offense and start tossing the ball around like Peyton Manning. Quarterback is the most difficult position in all of professional team sports, and hopefully RG3 will learn from this miserable season and come back stronger.

It is a terrible decision for the team. If Cousins goes out there and manages to avoid sacks and gets a couple of wins DC will have yet another QB controversy which will pretty much guarantee RGIII will never be successful there.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have none of you people read he's being benched for performance not health reasons?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lots of NFL QB's have taken beatings their first few years. Troy Aikman being but one famous example.

The point is that people pay to see competitive football played at a high level. You rob those people when you don't play a player who 1. Can play and 2. Is better than the guy behind him.

And don't forget all those teams who in the playoff hunt who will be impacted by rg3 sitting, you are screwing them as well. This is the equivalent of picking up your ball and going home. Shanahan & Snyder = no class.

There's no way to look at this that is at all favorable for Shanny and friends.

Teams do this in football all the time too. The Colts were notorious for doing this and sitting players at the end of the year to avoid injury screwing over other teams fighting for the playoffs. If you notice, the last 2 weeks of the season have a bunch of division games now. This all pretty much started because of Peyton Manning and the Colts.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The most charitable description of Griffin's play this season is inconsistent. I would describe it as lousy. It will do him some good to sit and watch a guy who has far less physical talent but who can call protections, cycle through progressions, and do all the things a pocket quarterback needs to do to be successful in the NFL. Griffin can pout at the unfairness of it all, or he can dedicate himself to being better next season.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I knew RG3 was going to be a bust when they started talking about his socks. People who wear "fun" socks suck categorically.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be rooting for Washington against the Cowboys next weekend, and I have to say that this decision doesn't bother me at all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics