NFL 2016-17 Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jrd617, Sep 5, 2013.

1. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

In other news, everyone who paid 3 grand or so for SB tickets is going to fucking hate themselves and the NFL in a couple of weeks when the weather fucks up their game and makes them miserable

2. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Richard Sherman, you're no Bart Scott. Scott's interview was genuine emotion. Sherman looked like he was auditioning for WWE.

3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

the weather in that NJ former swampland area is unpredictable as hell.

there were weekends this january in the NYC metropolitan area where it was near 60ºF, and then others where it was in a polar vortex and hit -5ºF (colder with windchill).

I would love to see a SuperSnowBowl, fuck it I'm watching from the inside of a nice house or bar.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  4. Wade

Wade Senior member

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:10320858

"Crabtree is mediocre at best, and you think imma let him catch the game winner? You jokin right? If we knew they were gonna try me on a fade route to end the game, we woulda been wearing our hats early" [​IMG]
    would be nice if whoever he is covering at the sb gets multiple td's

5. dcg

dcg Senior member

Above quote is funny, but the stuff immediately after the play and during the interview - that's why I hate Sherman. Dude, you just won. You're supposed to be happy now.

Also, lol @ Belichick: http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...nd-patriots-unhappy-wes-welker-hit-aqib-talib

Yes, a 5'9", 185 lb. WR who just got back on the field after a concussion targeted your CB. That is probably why happened. Because Denver doesn't have any larger WRs who would be betters suited to that sort of thing. Stop being butthurt that Welker jumped ship when you lowballed him and his team just knocked you out of the playoffs.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  6. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

"It's one of the worst plays I've seen. That's all I'll say about that."

Really? I have not watched the play again since the game, but was it more than just a really solid block that unfortunately ended poorly for Talib?

7. dcg

dcg Senior member

8. cross22

cross22 Senior member

LOL no, it wasn't just a block at all.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  9. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

10. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

^^ i think she mostly thinking the same as everyone watching. Namely, "ummmm wft just happened?"

Amazing

Looks like a solid block to me to free up his receiver. Who dropped the ball. They both were going hard and Talib got messed up. Would anyone have said anything if Welker was the one who ended up hurt? How is that dirty?

11. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Senior member

The Sherman comments are getting way too much airtime. You shove a mike in the face of a guy seconds after he made the biggest play of his pro career -- he will probably say some crazy stuff.

Quick thoughts on both games:

Denver looked great but this was probably the worst New England team to ever make an AFC title game. I don't expect it to be as easy against the Seahwahs. Manning will have less time and his receivers will have way more trouble getting and staying open.

Seattle's offense looked inept. They threw together a few big plays to put enough points on the board to win the game, but bobbled snaps, unforced fumbles, and a general lack of creative play calling may doom them in the Super Bowl, will they will likely have to score in the mid to high twenties to win.

12. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I kind of agree. I mean, yeah, team overachieved but I think we could have hung with either of the NFC teams if we're healthy and have a non-criminal Aaron Hernandez. Seriously, just think about what could have been... oh well. Always next year!

+1. He's a young dude playing football who just made the play that will take them to the SB. Emotions will be high. I mean, if it were me I'd be even douchier.

13. Nil

Nil Senior member

I've always hated Sherman but all the flack he's getting for his WWE heel promo makes me want to root for him.

14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

That Welker play doesn't seem dirty, but isn't it a pick? Which should have been flagged...I was watching it in an airport lounge so I missed the whole play and aftermath

15. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Senior member

It was probably a penalty but anyone who thinks there was malicious intent is either out to lunch or a poor loser. It was a mid-field collision that resulted in an awkward injury for Talib. Tough for him, but it's the time of play that happens often (albeit without the resulting injury) in the NFL.