1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NFL 2016-17 Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jrd617, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Stylish Dinosaur

Pats would have recovered that onside kick :slayer:

2. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

agree with all. though i would add that giving up 27 to SD at home is equally as egregious.

3. Joffrey

Joffrey Stylish Dinosaur

What are you smoking? At the beginning of a season there are a realm of possibilities. At this stage at 3-10, what's the point? PArticularly when he's been sacked 24/25 times in the past 3 games. Everytime he's crushed I'm half expecting him not to get back up again. He needs a break so he can actually properly train for next year.

4. countdemoney

countdemoney Distinguished Member

Lots of NFL QB's have taken beatings their first few years. Troy Aikman being but one famous example.

The point is that people pay to see competitive football played at a high level. You rob those people when you don't play a player who 1. Can play and 2. Is better than the guy behind him.

And don't forget all those teams who in the playoff hunt who will be impacted by rg3 sitting, you are screwing them as well. This is the equivalent of picking up your ball and going home. Shanahan & Snyder = no class.

There's no way to look at this that is at all favorable for Shanny and friends.

5. NorCal

NorCal Distinguished Member

I think its more a matter of the game being so violent and so physical that you are doing every player on your team a huge disservice when you don't do everything possible to maximize your advantages. Also, what does it say to every other player that RGIII is too good to continue to play out the season but the rest of the mooks, the linemen the receivers getting lit up over the middle, those guys can risk season or career ending injury for the next three weeks.

The only way RGIII should not be playing is if he is straight up hurt or if the coaching staff thinks KC could give them a better chance to win.

6. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

it's a bad precedent. I realize they already do this in basketball when you're already in the playoffs or tanking, but in football it's always been if you can play - you play. all QB's on bad teams get pounded. again, different story if it's for health or performance reasons

7. Wade

Wade Senior Member

It's also demoralizing to rg3

8. cross22

cross22 Distinguished Member

It is a terrible decision for the team. If Cousins goes out there and manages to avoid sacks and gets a couple of wins DC will have yet another QB controversy which will pretty much guarantee RGIII will never be successful there.

9. ethanm

ethanm Stylish Dinosaur

Have none of you people read he's being benched for performance not health reasons?

10. Texasmade

Texasmade Distinguished Member

Teams do this in football all the time too. The Colts were notorious for doing this and sitting players at the end of the year to avoid injury screwing over other teams fighting for the playoffs. If you notice, the last 2 weeks of the season have a bunch of division games now. This all pretty much started because of Peyton Manning and the Colts.

11. in stitches

That is probably something he could use a little bit of LOL.

12. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Distinguished Member

The most charitable description of Griffin's play this season is inconsistent. I would describe it as lousy. It will do him some good to sit and watch a guy who has far less physical talent but who can call protections, cycle through progressions, and do all the things a pocket quarterback needs to do to be successful in the NFL. Griffin can pout at the unfairness of it all, or he can dedicate himself to being better next season.

13. ethanm

ethanm Stylish Dinosaur

I knew RG3 was going to be a bust when they started talking about his socks. People who wear "fun" socks suck categorically.

14. dcg

dcg Distinguished Member

I'll be rooting for Washington against the Cowboys next weekend, and I have to say that this decision doesn't bother me at all.

15. in stitches

i wouldnt bet on that.